We spoke to Facebook’s Jason Juma-Ross, APAC Tech & Telecom Strategy about the company’s strategy surrounding the new headset. Here are our key takeaways from the chat.
VR and AR (Virtual and Augmented Reality) - Features
In 2017, VR has never been more mainstream - even if it’s not quite at the smartphone-style critical mass its proponents hunger for. Now, in Australia, you’ve got venues like Sydney’s newly-opened Virtual Reality Rooms offering up a new, easy-access ...
New immersive VR technology is used to enhance orchestra performance
Intel's WiGig-powered add-on eliminates VR's wires without adding nausea-inducing latency.
Until a few years ago, virtual reality was among the innovations that seemed too far out of reach for the average consumer.
Computex 2017 has kicked of in Taipei again. This is a major trade show that focuses on all things related to the PC and the components (right down to the silicon chips) and peripherals that are associated with them.
The Gear 360 is a cool little $230 camera that's perfect for Galaxy S8 owners who want to shoot 4K video or broadcast live.
Oculus Rift's Spaces, Facebook's first stab at social VR is cold, sterile, and very corporate. There are better options for digital hangouts.
PC Building Simulator is a game that wants to teach you how to build your own computer. Can it really? PCWorld's experts dig in.
We offer some practical strategies for spending less time with your phone in your hand, without being disconnected from the rest of the world.
The HTC Vive's Deluxe Audio Strap and wild Vive Tracker hardware could just make virtual reality easier to use—and even more immersive.
In 2016 I visited my 100th country. With over a hundred countries still to go, I certainly haven't seen everything this world has to offer. But I have been very fortunate to gaze at the pyramids of Giza, Tikal and Copan, to have seen a sunrise change...
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 3 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 4 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 5 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook launch their Oculus Go VR headset
- HTC launches Vive Pro Kit for VR-based business users
- HTC Vive Announces Price of Vive Pro
- Artificial Intelligence Meets Beauty
- Planet of the Apes comes to VR
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?