If you’re looking to buy a VR headset right this moment, here’s what you need to know.
VR and AR (Virtual and Augmented Reality) - Features
As far as value for money goes, virtual reality is a still a pretty dicey proposition for most consumers. There's definitely some exciting VR content out there for early adopters but, maybe not quite enough for everyday consumers to justify investing...
We spoke to Facebook’s Jason Juma-Ross, APAC Tech & Telecom Strategy about the company’s strategy surrounding the new headset. Here are our key takeaways from the chat.
In 2017, VR has never been more mainstream - even if it’s not quite at the smartphone-style critical mass its proponents hunger for. Now, in Australia, you’ve got venues like Sydney’s newly-opened Virtual Reality Rooms offering up a new, easy-access ...
New immersive VR technology is used to enhance orchestra performance
Intel's WiGig-powered add-on eliminates VR's wires without adding nausea-inducing latency.
Until a few years ago, virtual reality was among the innovations that seemed too far out of reach for the average consumer.
Computex 2017 has kicked of in Taipei again. This is a major trade show that focuses on all things related to the PC and the components (right down to the silicon chips) and peripherals that are associated with them.
The Gear 360 is a cool little $230 camera that's perfect for Galaxy S8 owners who want to shoot 4K video or broadcast live.
Oculus Rift's Spaces, Facebook's first stab at social VR is cold, sterile, and very corporate. There are better options for digital hangouts.
PC Building Simulator is a game that wants to teach you how to build your own computer. Can it really? PCWorld's experts dig in.
We offer some practical strategies for spending less time with your phone in your hand, without being disconnected from the rest of the world.
The HTC Vive's Deluxe Audio Strap and wild Vive Tracker hardware could just make virtual reality easier to use—and even more immersive.
In 2016 I visited my 100th country. With over a hundred countries still to go, I certainly haven't seen everything this world has to offer. But I have been very fortunate to gaze at the pyramids of Giza, Tikal and Copan, to have seen a sunrise change...
For a generation, TVs have been in the background – in more ways than one – of household entertainment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 2 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
- 3 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 4 DJI Mavic 2 Pro review: These glorious heights
- 5 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC Vive debuts Vive wireless adapter
- RMIT Online and AWS offering course in VR and AR
- Lenovo announces new wireless standalone Virtual Reality Headset and Camera
- Facebook launch their Oculus Go VR headset
- HTC launches Vive Pro Kit for VR-based business users
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?