Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
Windows 8 - News
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
Microsoft has sold more than 60 million [m] Windows 8 licenses so far, a number that is "roughly" in line with the performance of Windows 7 at the same stage of its release three years ago, according to Tami Reller, CFO and CMO of the Windows Divisio...
Windows 8 notebooks apparently didn't create a lot of cheer around the Christmas tree this holiday season.
Dell doesn’t plan on returning to the Android smartphone market any time soon, announcing that it will focus instead on creating Windows 8 touch-enabled computers and tablets.
Holiday shoppers hoping to buy a hybrid Windows 8 notebook - those half laptop and half tablet devices - will be sadly disappointed.
Microsoft is betting the farm on the success of Windows 8--its new and radically different operating system.
Although Microsoft is just getting started with its 2012 Surface tablets, the company plans to launch three new devices in the next year, according to a well-known source of leaks.
Upgrading to a new operating system can be an intimidating undertaking that massively disrupts your daily workflow. And considering the dramatic interface changes introduced in Windows 8, you may not want to invest in Microsoft's latest OS without fi...
Microsoft last week answered more questions about its upcoming Surface with Windows 8 Pro (Surface Pro) tablet, but also left out a few essential details as we approach the device's January debut.
There is a diverse array of tablet options to daze and amaze shoppers this holiday season. Microsoft has a solid contender with its current Surface tablet, but it runs the more limited Windows RT operating system that was designed for use with ARM-ba...
Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Business adoption of Windows 8 won't happen overnight and will likely involve a gradual phasing in alongside Windows 7 rather than a wholesale enterprise-wide swap-out of one operating system for the other, according to Microsoft's chief marketing of...
Windows 8 was officially released October 26, which means under Microsoft's standard operating procedure, we will have to wait at least a few years before the next Windows software upgrade arrives.
Microsoft's Windows 8 may be lagging far behind Windows 7 in its usage uptake, but it's easily topping the low bar set by Windows Vista, according to data from Web metric firm Net Applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- Microsoft: Windows 8 passes 60 million licenses sold
- Windows 8 notebooks aren't selling partly due to price
- Dell scraps Android smartphones in favour of Windows 8 tablets
- Windows 8 hybrid laptops will be scarce through the holidays
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTService ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW