Microsoft hosts event to showcase what's in store for Christmas
You say you want a revolution? These products and services are changing the way we work at our desks and on the road.
Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
IBM recently launched its Portable Modular Data Centre solution in Australia. The unit is basically a self-contained datacentre located in a mobile shipping container. Prices range from US$700,000 to US$3 million, with site preparation and installation services not included. The launch follows similar product offerings by rivals such as Sun Microsystems (now owned by Oracle) in Australia over the past few years.
There may be an iPhone app for this and that and everything else, but unsatisfied modders are hacking into iOS devices to make them do all kinds of new tricks.
Cisco Subnet blogger Scott Hogg names his favorite free open source tools to keep your network humming.
In the U.S., the first Windows Phone 7 smartphones will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile beginning in November
There was plenty of phones, even more slides, a list of important speakers and some glamour and hullabaloo as Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 in AUstralia.
Rockstar Games will soon release the hotly anticipated Undead Nightmare DLC for its action adventure game Red Dead Redemption. The Undead Nightmare Pack promises to make ‘ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong”. Check out the rest of the slideshow for the latest pictures.
How to spot -- and take down -- the six most nefarious adversaries of IT
This year, BenQ plans to break into the Australian camcorder market with a range of affordable, self-branded digital video cameras. Each model in the BenQ camcorder range features Full HD video recording (1080x1920p), plus unique features such as dual SD card slots and 3D capabilities on select models only.
These free and open source applications for Windows, Linux, and Mac desktops put power into the hands of users without taking from their wallets
Though definitions of "Internet meme" vary, it is basically a piece of digital content that spreads rapidly online, mutating as various people alter its details before passing it along via message boards, forums, or e-mail.
In light of Capcom's Dead Rising 2 releasing this week for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, we look back at notable video games featuring the undead over the past 25 years, including absolute trainwrecks like Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green and ground-breaking horror games like Resident Evil.
When sex doesn't sell.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst TechnicalQLD
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerOther
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Policy OfficerOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telephone & Broadband InstallationsOther
- FTPractice Director Design – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support OfficerVIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTTest AnalystSA
- CCMultiple Project Managers - Networks - TelcoVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions ManagerWA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - SharepointOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC