ASUS is responsible for introducing the netbook to the PC market as an affordable and simple laptop solution for students. Since the release of the original Eee PC, almost every major PC vendor has released competing models -- many taking alternate design paths.
The evolution of mini-laptops
The rocky road to the Rudd government's NBN announcement
$99 4GB MP3 player to feature picture viewer, FM radio and user-friendly interface.
We look at some of the most interesting headphone designs to hit the market
Save money by upgrading your 20GB Xbox 360 hard drive to 120GB without buying Microsoft's overpriced add-on.
Google, YouTube and Australian tech sites play pranks on unsuspecting users.
Wolfenstein 3D is a first-person shooter (FPS) game. The iPhone version has just been made available through the App Store. It's a direct port of the original version released in 1992 that launched the FPS genre.
The best mobile phones for GPS navigation.
The latest version of the Geneva Model L -- an iPod dock that combines exceptional sound quality with sublime style -- has a walnut finish that sets it apart from the crowd.
We take a look at the LG LH50: the company's first 200Hz television.
For a character that has been variously described as a 'dork', 'nerd' and 'loser', Larry Laffer sure does seem to get a lot of action from the ladeez. The balding slacker’s smutty exploits in the pursuit of lust and lurve have landed him in all manner of sticky situations.
Dominating in Halo Wars is no walk in the park. We fire off ten helpful tips that are guaranteed to make you better at the game.
Having several computers in your home or office doesn't mean you have to buy several printers, too. If your PCs are connected via a network, you can easily share them.
The LG HB954WA integrates a Blu-ray disc player with a 5.1 channel speaker system and amplifier.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Uber finally agrees to reveal diversity data
- Twitter considers enhanced version of TweetDeck for professionals
- Augmented reality gets a second life in manufacturing
- FBI director floats international framework on access to encrypted data
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD