From driverless cars to "never-stopping" trains, the way we get from point A to point B could be very different in the coming decades, most notably because of the new technologies that will be used
Tech giants have thrown their weight around to get what they want for years. Here's a look at some of the big tech companies that have been caught indulging in boorish behavior.
The antenna - it has been around so long and is mounted and used so routinely it is rarely even noticed. But such antenna technology has changed a lot over the years and has gone into space, war, water and just about anywhere else you can imagine. Here we take a look the world of the ubiquitous antenna.
It can be tough finding the right app for the right task, but here are 25 essential business apps for Android
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports, gaming and more. Best of all: They're all free.
Development organisations are increasingly looking for a Mobile Application Development Platform (MADP) that can support their needs for both current and future projects. Here are 10 that have been identified as leaders in the field.
We scoured the Web for the best deals on 25 gadgets you might actually want to buy. All you have to do is sit back and click through the slideshow.
If you're one of the growing number of people who carries a smartphone everywhere, why not take advantage of mobile apps that can help you organize your medical history, eat right, exercise or fall asleep at night?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
In anticipation of its biggest game release for the year, THQ held a stunt themed media event at Sun Studios in Alexandria, Sydney.
Hi-tech cameras and robots capture the Olympic events in stunning imagery.
A quick look at the NASA Mars Science Laboratory and Curiosity rover mission
From the car to the living room, technologies and markets are quickly evolving to offer lucrative possibilities for programming pioneers
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
In honour of the patent war heating up between Apple and Samsung, we're looking back at epic tech battles. The one thing they all have in common: the future of the universe hung in the balance. (Okay, not the universe but a really big market.)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTAS400 EngineerOther
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTSAP Fiori ODATA SpecialistACT
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Cloud- AWS, Office 365- PRINCE2Other
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTData Analyst - SASOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC