These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
As cybercriminals employ increasingly sophisticated tactics to steal identities and data, and the costs and consequences of data breaches skyrocket, here are seven steps that your small business should be taking to insulate themselves from cyberattacks.
Outgoing and incoming Cisco CEOs John Chambers and Chuck Robbins weren’t the only attractions at the annual Cisco event in San Diego this week.
Love him or hate him, you have to admit that the founder of the free software movement isn’t shy about sharing his opinions on things he finds objectionable.
Check out some of the choice images that Richard I'Anson, a Canon Master, captured of Sydney's Vivid light show. They showcase his stunning composition and attention to detail. There is also an insight into the settings used for each photograph. Enjoy.
Tabbed Windows. A customizable login screen. Tens of thousands of votes have poured in for these features and more, but time's running out for these features to make it into Windows 10's launch version.
One of the last major tech expos of the year just took place in Taiwan, and with it came a flood of major PC news as manufacturers rush to prepare for Windows 10 and the crucial holiday shopping season.
From Apple Music to iOS 9 to the Apple Watch, here are the biggest announcements from Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference this week.
These seven IBM Watson-powered apps are transforming the way work is done in industries ranging from healthcare and travel to entertainment and oil & gas.
We’ve collected several tips for Microsoft’s popular tablet computer.
Security issues are darkening the future of home automation and the Internet of things
Desktop PCs may be yesterday's technology, but that doesn't mean they can't be slicker than the latest smartphones.
From Android M to Google Photos to the updates to Google Play, here are the most important announcements at Google I/O 2015.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- The critical importance of STEAM education
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- CCAudio-Visual DesignerVIC
- FTResource /Operations AnalystOther
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- TPSAP TrainerACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Project Manager / Product ManagerOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect - CloudVIC
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProcess AnalystNSW