Share, save and savor all things social with these nine free Google Android apps, hand-picked by CIO.com's mobile maestro, Al Sacco.
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is without a doubt one of the most highly anticipated games of 2011. It's the follow-up to Bethesda's smash hit The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and we're all salivating at the prospect of getting our hands on it come November 11. While you've still got months of waiting ahead of you, whet your appetite on the screenshots and concept art released by Bethesda.
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
It's sometimes said that a journalist is a drinker with a writing problem, and it's true that -- from time to time, and strictly in moderation -- we enjoy the odd beverage. We decided to bring together both our professional and recreational lives, rounding up some of the greatest drinking gadgets out there. So raise a glass (or two) to some of these ingenious creations.
Apple's new iPad 2 is faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessor, and is powered by an Apple-designed dual-core processor.
Are you considering the iPad 2 as your first iPad? An iPad, unplugged, is a welcome contrast to the communications-driven iPhone. Take our tour of cool apps that take advantage of the iPad's leisurely user experience.
Sony held an Australian media launch for Killzone 3 at PYD Warehouse in Sydney. It was by no means a leisurely affair as journalists were thrust into simulated environments that resembled the harsh world of Killzone.
Today is an important day, although you might not have realised. It's the 25th anniversary of the Japanese release of the first Legend of Zelda video game on the Famicom. To celebrate, we've pulled together a bit of a retrospective on the series, covering everything from the original to the latest Spirit Tracks and the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
With more than 80 million users worldwide, LinkedIn has established itself as the premier social networking site for professionals. If you're job searching, looking to broaden your network or hunting for new partnerships, these 10 tips and tricks will propel you toward success.
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in near-real time) the latest information for a variety of subjects, including the latest happenings on Twitter, news from the Associated Press, and even the most recently reported UFO sightings. Check out these ten Google Maps mashups to be in the know before anybody else.
Android 3.0 is a new version of the Android platform that is specifically optimised for tablet devices. Dubbed "Honeycomb", Android 3.0 has a completely redesigned interface that aims to take advantage of the larger screen of a tablet. These new UI features include an "action bar", a contextual option group displayed at the top of the screen, five customisable home screens, recent apps for easier multitasking, a redesigned on-screen keyboard, a new browser and an improved copy and paste function and much more. Check out the latest screenshots from Google.
At CES 2011, Samsung unveiled over 40 new LED, LCD and plasma TVs. We've cherry-picked the coolest models and accessories and taken a closer look.
It's been almost nine years since the Disney-Square crossover Kingdom Hearts debuted on the PlayStation 2 and the series has developed a strong following in the near decade since. To celebrate the release of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, we've unearthed the following 10 strange facts about the franchise.
Since Google began mapping the world with Google Earth and Street View, an entire pastime--Google mystery hunting and debunking--has cropped up.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD