From CES in January to next holiday season, 2011 promises some phenomenal new gear.
We got sick of seeing me-too tablets and hearing overblown claims about 4G networks. And the T-Pain microphone? Just painful.
Great looking tablets, superfast phones and the return of the boom box. Here's what we loved at this year's show.
Sony took the CES by storm by unveiling a bunch of new products and updating a few fan favorites. here's a look at some of the products that'll be in stores this year, from TVs, to laptops to camcorders big and small.
We round up some of the coolest tech at CES 2011.
A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed into the first commercial computer, IBM 305 system, which then stored the data on hard disks
The Japanese have proven their techie prowess over the decades.
Choosing this generation's best game (thus far) is a difficult undertaking -- which is why we handed the task over to you, our readers. A few months ago, we asked you to vote for your favourite game of this generation in an online poll. To find out which game reigned supreme, check out the rest of the slideshow. (And if you disagree, don't complain to us. We didn't pick the winner: you did!)
You can't appreciate the highs without looking at the lows. Here are 20 of this year's biggest failures in consumer technology
From action epics like God of War III to the masterfully told interactive thriller Heavy Rain, we count down the very best games ever released for the PlayStation 3.
Spending a little extra time with your Xbox 360? Wondering which games are worth your holiday cash? Take a look at the 32 Best Xbox 360 Games
From World of Warcraft nerdlingers to rampant games piracy, we list ten reasons to hate PC gamers.
It's the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Commander Keen game. We thought about sending some fine china to Apogee and id Software, but decided that a tribute slideshow would probably be a better idea.
If your child is lucky enough to own an iPhone, there are plenty of apps that are safe, engaging and fun for them to enjoy. We have rounded up some of the most popular apps for kids.
Sydney supporters of WikiLeaks this afternoon rallied at Town Hall Square to demand the Australian government condemn Julian Assange's arrest.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterWA
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTICT Security Senior ManagerACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCMACT
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT