iOS, 3G, Wi-Fi, touch screen, Android, megapixels, Windows Phone. You've no doubt heard of these terms before but you would be forgiven for thinking we were talking about computers rather than mobile phones.
Today's mobile phones, often referred to as smartphones, do much more than just make phone calls and send text messages. They act as digital cameras and are often capable of taking photos comparable to a cheap, dedicated point and shoot digital camera. They record high definition video clips. They connect to the Internet, allowing you to browse and surf the Web in the palm of your hand. They can give you GPS directions, including telling you exactly how to get from one location to another. They access hundreds and thousands of mobile apps including popular services like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. They enable you to access your e-mail on the go.
With so much technology packed into a small device, buying a smartphone can be an awfully confusing process. Why is one phone better than another? What's the difference between an iPhone and an Android phone? Should you care? We aim to answer all of these questions and more in a bid to give you the best possible buying advice.
What is an OS
What is an OS and why should you care? We tell you all you need to know about the key mobile operating systems on the market from all the big brands.
Top smartphone brands
What's the difference between an Apple iPhone and a Samsung Android phone? What does a HTC phone do that a BlackBerry won't? We have all the answers and more!
Buying a new smartphone? Don't know what to look for? Our buying advice will help you every step of the way.
Want to know how to get the best out of your smartphone? Our detailed tutorials will help you become an expert in no time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- TPSenior Developer/Technical AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCData AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTCampaigns & Events ManagerOther
- FTTechnology Project OfficerOther
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DevelopersOther
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM CONSULTANT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - Rail , Develop Strategy. Need RISI cardOther
- FTSenior Project Manager, Facilities & Asset ManagementOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTDigital BAOther
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTPermanent: Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant - Cloud - MicrosoftVIC