A year ago, Acer was struggling and Jason Chen, its newly appointed CEO, thought the company could stay afloat by cutting its reliance on PCs and expanding in wearables and mobile devices. In view of the success of its Chromebooks and the pending rel...
Comcast-Time Warner merger looks to be falling apart...Amazon finally discloses cloud numbers...Microsoft services make up for weak PC market...and more tech news.
Acer's new Aspire Switch 10 seems like just another low-cost Windows tablet, but its detachable keyboard dock turns the device into a shape-shifter that can stand in multiple angles.
Most appealing about Acer's new Chromebook 15 CB3-531 are its US$199 price and large 15.6-inch screen. But the laptop is bulky and it puts into question whether Chromebooks can be full-blown desktop replacements.
Do you want to measure your stress levels? Acer has announced two wearable bands that will measure that, in addition to heart rates.
A heavyweight battle between Windows 10 laptops and Chromebooks is expected to break out later this year, and Acer will play on both sides with low-priced laptops and laptop tablet hybrids it announced on Thursday.
Acer’s Aspire R14 Playbook is latest convertible notebook to emerge on the Australian market, offering a four-in-one experience encompassing laptop, tablet, tent, and display modes.
Acer isn't as well known as Apple for product design, but its new Revo One RL85 compact desktop looks dapper -- and with Intel's latest Broadwell chip it also has muscles.
Desktop devices running Chrome OS haven't exactly found much traction, but that hasn't stopped Acer from developing an all-in-one PC built for the Google operating system.
Acer is pumping more horsepower into its Chromebook C910 with an optional Intel Core i5 processor based on the Broadwell architecture.
Acer didn't embrace Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 OS for smartphones, but it's really warming up to Windows 10.
Acer is getting a head-start on Windows 10, releasing a new smartphone that comes with Windows Phone 8.1 but which it promises will be upgradeable to the new OS when it arrives later this year.
Acer is targeting students and teachers two Chromebooks, one a 15.6-inch laptop, the other a 11.6-inch model, that are built to withstand repeated use in the school environment.
Acer is supersizing chromebooks, offering the world's first Chrome OS laptop with a 15.6-inch screen.
Wanting to spice up its PC convertibles, Acer has come out with a device that can take on five different shapes with the help of a flexible kickstand and a detachable wireless keyboard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration AnalystQLD
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD