Struggling PC maker Acer is showing signs of recovery with its report of improved profits in the second quarter, albeit on a smaller revenue base than a year earlier.
Acer is cranking up the speed of Chromebooks with the first models featuring Intel's Core i3 processor.
Acer named one of its co-founders, George Huang, to the post of company chairman as the Taiwanese PC maker battles to become a force in mobile devices and software.
The future of wearables is still anyone's guess. But at this year's Computex show, more Taiwanese vendors are embracing the gadgets, and hoping to bring some clarity to a market that could lift the local tech industry.
Visitors don't have to walk far to find wearables at Computex, the big IT trade show taking place in Taipei this week. Dozens of companies from Taiwan and China are showcasing first-generation products -- a big change from last year when they got alm...
Google is bringing its Chromebooks to nine more countries around the world, and it's heralding their arrival with a flourish of verse.
If you want a higher-end Android tablet than can rival the iPad mini, take a look at Acer's Iconia Tab 8, set to arrive in the third quarter. We checked one out ahead of Computex in Taipei on Saturday and came away reasonably impressed with a device ...
Acer has disclosed a few more details about its first wearable: the wristband is called the Liquid Leap, and it will ship as a package deal with the high-end Liquid Jade Android smartphone starting in the third quarter.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer is rolling out an 8-inch Android tablet, set to arrive in the third quarter.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer has made another big push into the smartphone market, and unveiled four new models under its "Liquid" brand that will arrive in the third quarter.
Acer's "Build Your Own Cloud" service will start rolling out to consumers in late June with a suite of updated apps that will work on mobile devices and PCs, including devices from other companies.
Traditionally viewed as a geek's paradise, the Computex trade show will turn into a battlefield for the body next week.
After three consecutive quarters of net losses, PC maker Acer has reported a profit in this year's first quarter on better control of costs.
After six months as Acer's chairman, company co-founder Stan Shih plans to step down on June 18, saying he is satisfied with the PC maker's new direction.
Jason Chen has been Acer's CEO for about 100 days, but he's already making major changes at the company as he boosts efforts to diversify beyond PCs and turn around years of financial and operational instability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Don't be fooled: Windows Mixed Reality headsets are just VR headsets
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService ManagerOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSAP Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- FTProcess AdministratorOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTProject AnalystOther
- FTIT Test Automation SpecialistOther
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- TPIT Project Manager - Large Complex CRM ImplementationNSW
- CCProject Manager x 2QLD
- FTSenior SQL DeveloperOther
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Environment or Platform level Environment ManagersVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTSAP Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther