Though tech spending in the near term is not expected to increase at the heady rates of the dot-com era, industry insiders appear confident that the sector will trend upward this year.
Adobe Systems released a new security update for Shockwave Player in order to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to remotely take control of affected systems.
Adobe has made its Revel photo-app available for Android, allowing users to share and edit photos on their Android devices.
Adobe Systems released a security update for Shockwave Player in order to address two vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to remotely take control of affected systems.
A U.S. appeals court has cleared the way for thousands of Silicon Valley workers to proceed as a group with a lawsuit alleging that technology companies including Google and Apple colluded to drive down employee compensation.
Vimeo has rebuilt its video player using HTML5, the latest version of the Web programming language that is challenging Adobe Systems' Flash player in serving up Web video.
From single digits to trillions, the tech industry loves numbers, and it generated plenty of them in 2013. Here's a look at some of the figures that stand out from the year:
Adobe patched several vulnerabilities in its Flash Player and Shockwave Player on Tuesday, including one for which an exploit is already available.
An upgrade to Adobe's Connect Web meetings product allows people to log in using their social networking accounts and adds new options for how participants are displayed on the screen.
A new website allows Internet users to check if their usernames and passwords were exposed in some of the largest data breaches in recent years.
The creators of a Web-based attack tool called Angler Exploit Kit have added an exploit for a known vulnerability in Microsoft's Silverlight browser plug-in to the tool's arsenal.
Adobe Systems released security updates for Flash Player, AIR and ColdFusion to fix critical vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take control of affected systems or read information from servers without authorization.
Adobe Systems has added mobile features to its Marketing Cloud, allowing companies to better target smartphones with the help of geolocation and app analytics.
Adobe has worked with Apple to sandbox Flash Player under Safari in Mac OS X, restricting the ability of attackers to exploit any vulnerabilities they might find in the browser plug-in.
Hackers capitalize on other people's mistakes. But they make their own as well.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMOther
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- CCJunior Network Designer - Telco - GISVIC
- FTOnsite Helpdesk TechnicianOther
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSAP Logistics Consultant - SD/MM/LE/WMOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPJava DeveloperVIC