Looking at historical trends and performance benchmarks, a team of researchers in Spain have concluded that smartphone chips could one day replace the more expensive and power-hungry x86 processors used in most of the world's top supercomputers.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to regain share in the PC processor market with its upcoming chips based on the Jaguar core, which will bring console-like gaming and wireless displays to laptops with Windows 8 and its successor, Windows Blue.
Advanced Micro Devices has opened the door to embrace Google's Android operating system, but said it would continue to focus on Windows with its upcoming tablet and laptop chips.
Armed with a contract to build chips for Sony's PlayStation 4 gaming console, Advanced Micro Devices has now officially established a custom-chip business unit in an effort to break away from its heavy reliance on the slumping PC market.
Programming for multicore systems can be complex, so an industry consortium led by Advanced Micro Devices has taken a step ahead in its goal to eliminate development challenges so applications are portable across devices, architectures and operating ...
Some of the biggest names in IT including IBM, Microsoft, Google and Intel reported quarterly earnings this week, revealing a picture of the tech sector that, while not as gloomy as had been feared, is nevertheless mixed.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a 31 percent drop in revenue for the first quarter as it continues to battle a weak PC market and lackluster demand for its chips.
Just as tech stocks were starting to rise this week, dismal PC sales reports for the first quarter burst the very short-lived bubble, causing shares of IT companies to fall back to earth Thursday.
As demand for PC processors plummets, Advanced Micro Devices has borrowed technologies from mobile devices and gaming consoles as a way to perk up sales for its latest A-series laptop processors.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to take on Intel's ultrabooks with a new keyboard docking technology that modifies the level of performance of thin-and-light hybrid devices when used in tablet or laptop modes.
With a tough 2012 behind it, Advanced Micro Devices hopes to return to profitability this year through cost-cutting, new chips and other measures, the company's top executives said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices' financial struggles continued in the fourth quarter, with revenue sinking 32 percent due to slow chip sales and charges tied to restructuring and inventory adjustments.
Facebook has proposed a new model for designing servers that it says will give businesses more choice in selecting components and a smarter way to upgrade systems when needs change, though it remains to be seen how widely its method will be adopted.
Facebook's Open Compute Project is being expanded to incorporate ARM processors, providing new options for companies shopping for low-cost hardware to build out cloud computing environments.
Advanced Micro Devices has been granted by a court in Massachusetts a temporary restraining order against four former employees, three of whom are alleged to have left the company to join Nvidia with confidential documents and trade secrets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTChange Manager, Agile, WealthNSW
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSoftware TesterACT