Facebook is gearing up for a new project to simplify its advertising platform, making it easier for marketers to decide how to place ads across the site.
The US-based Digital Advertising Alliance, a coalition of online advertising networks and companies, will soon release guidelines for the use of targeted advertising on mobile devices, although it's been difficult to come up with standards in the div...
Tumblr is now putting ads in users' feeds on the desktop, in what could be the first move toward making sure the social blogging site is a profitable business for Yahoo.
Nissan and some other big brands have suspended advertising campaigns on Facebook after ads were apparently displayed next to offensive content on the site.
Twitter has reached a settlement with Skootle that prohibits the Tennessee-based company from spamming Twitter users' feeds with marketing and other promotional content.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has reportedly launched an investigation into Google's display ad business amid complaints from rivals that the company is abusing its power in how it sells online-graphical and video ads.
After coming out swinging a few days back with a Surface ad that focused on Office, Microsoft has a new ad that confronts the iPad head-on. And here's the crazy part: it's surprisingly amusing.
China's Baidu has long dominated the country's search market. But a local rival to the company is bolstering its own search services with the help of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group.
Not everything on YouTube is free any more. The video-sharing website will now charge users a monthly fee to view certain content offered through subscription channels, the Google-owned site announced Thursday.
A lawsuit against Google's customer service practices in Germany is looming after the company declined to sign a document promising German consumer organizations to start answering customer emails individually.
Google's rivals have been given one month to assess the search giant's proposed remedies, the European Commission announced Thursday.
The U.S. online advertising industry has not lived up to a promise to stop the online tracking of Internet users who ask advertisers to do so, a senior U.S. senator said Wednesday.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
Google received an ultimatum Thursday from German consumer organizations that want it to start answering questions from its users via email.
Paying for an app in Google's online store, Google Play, will banish nagging in-app ads, but it won't dam the flow of personal information from your phone to marketers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTAutomation Anywhere/Robotics EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSeeking a Perl Developer for a 5-10 Day Project!NSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD