Despite the threat of sanctions, at least one of Google’s rivals has leaked the search giant’s full proposals that seek to avoid an antitrust fine from European authorities.
Consumers are getting more aware that they can be tracked while they walk around stores but plenty still feel uncomfortable about it, according to a new survey.
It's official: Instagram now has ads, and the first one appeared Friday courtesy of fashion designer Michael Kors.
Google’s new remedies aimed at avoiding a fine from the European Commission for allegedly breaking competition rules do not include the Google.com domain.
Google’s rivals have been given another opportunity to review the search giant’s latest proposed measures aimed at avoiding a fine from the European Commission for allegedly breaking competition rules.
Google's quarterly sales increased again, although the company reported mixed results within its advertising business and a decrease in its Motorola mobile sales.
Twitter, with an IPO looming, needs to make money. To do that, a key focus is being placed on advertising and promoted content around television, the company signaled on Tuesday.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Can't find an item in your grocery store? Some retailers want to help, but it could mean tracking your every move as you wander through the aisles.
How many eyes see a tweet about television? Nielsen wants to find out, and let marketers know so they can make more informed advertising decisions on Twitter.
Twitter doesn't seem to have a problem attracting users in international markets, but it definitely has problems making money off them.
Twitter has fewer users and less revenue than Facebook, but in mobile advertising Twitter appears to have dodged the problems that dragged down Facebook's stock after its public offering last year.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
The European Union is to put Google’s latest proposals to the marketplace in order to allow competitors and rivals to assess the search giant’s plans to avoid antitrust sanctions.
Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCSoftware & Applications Programmer/DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- PTRecords and Information Management OfficerNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC