To make it easier for higher mobile broadband speeds using small cells, Alcatel-Lucent has joined forces with outdoor advertising company JCDecaux on the development of connected ad panels.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should resist calls to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as a way to enact strong net neutrality rules, more than 30 broadband equipment manufacturers, including Cisco Systems, IBM and Intel...
US telecom equipment vendor Adtran has developed a technology that will make it easier for operators to roll out broadband speeds close to 500Mbps over copper lines.
Using souped-up fiber, the Technical University of Denmark has set a new record for transmitting data over one channel: 43 terabits per second.
Alcatel-Lucent's revenue remained flat during the first quarter, although the company made a smaller loss than a year earlier.
Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo has joined forces with six vendors to conduct experimental trials of emerging 5G technologies, hoping to lay the groundwork for mobile networks that offer data transmissions at more than 10Gbps.
Alcatel-Lucent is betting big on operators wanting to virtualize their mobile networks using NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) technology, in order to become more nimble and less reliant on proprietary hardware.
Tech sector earnings this week stirred concerns about growth for social media companies LinkedIn and Twitter but highlighted positive trends for some networking and cloud services companies.
Alcatel-Lucent's revenue remained flat, but the company turned a year-earlier loss into a net profit for the fourth quarter, it reported Thursday.
LGS Innovations, a company formed during the Alcatel-Lucent merger to supply technology to the U.S. government, has been sold to a pair of U.S.-based investment companies for about US$200 million.
Mobile operators looking for somewhere to place small base stations to improve network performance in metropolitan areas can now turn to Alcatel-Lucent, which has set up a clearing house for information about available sites.
With its new-found focus on IP networking and fast broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent is poised to take advantage of a worldwide explosion in mobile devices and the rush of service providers and operators to the cloud, company executives said at the ne...
Vendors are working on products to lower the cost of building copper-based broadband with bandwidth up to 100M bps, and are at the same time getting ready to increase speeds even further.
Alcatel-Lucent will announce Tuesday up to 15,000 job cuts by 2015 as the company tries to focus on a few core businesses, according to reports.
To help operators virtualize their infrastructures, Alcatel-Lucent has opened up to third party vendors an internal cloud platform that will run features such as DNS and firewalls.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD