Alcatel-Lucent reported growing revenue and a shrinking loss for the first quarter of 2011, helped by operators' need for more capacity in their fixed and mobile networks, the company said on Friday.
Brocade today unveiled its plan for migrating customers to distributed, virtualized, Cloud-based data centers, along with products supporting that plan.
Alcatel-Lucent is reportedly shopping around its enterprise switching, IP telephony and contact center businesses in an effort to boost its financial performance by focusing on core telecom markets.
China Mobile will help Alcatel-Lucent develop its next generation of mobile networks, the French network equipment vendor said on Wednesday.
Cisco and other data center network combatants best prepare for an onslaught of meshes and pods.
Oracle explicitly said that it planned to sell products directly to its largest accounts after it acquired Sun Microsystems last year. But reseller Innovative Technology Distributors is claiming Oracle set about doing so in a way that "destroyed" ITD...
Alcatel-Lucent and Taiwan's main fixed-line telecom provider will build a gigabit passive optical network by the third quarter of 2011 to merge high-speed Internet with other services.
An iPhone version of the augmented reality <a href="http://argon.gatech.edu/index.html">Argon browser</a>, which lets users scan places and objects with the phone's video camera and see Web content overlaid on the screen, is now available.
Some people may yet debate the value of femtocells, but the tide has turned: in 2010, the number of femtocells around the world exceeded the number of macrocells, according to the Femto Forum.
The use of femtocells -- small base stations that extend mobile coverage in buildings -- is growing fast, driven in part by enterprises, executives said Tuesday during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Verizon Wireless said on Thursday it had made the first voice call over a commercial LTE network using the Voice over LTE standard. The standard is one of two competing to become the defacto technology for routing voice calls over the new data networ...
Alcatel-Lucent's next-generation mobile networks will use slimmed-down base stations that can be placed almost anywhere in order to improve coverage and mobile broadband performance, and cut costs for operators, the company said on Monday.
The GreenTouch Consortium demonstrated its work Tuesday into how using large-scale antenna systems and virtual modems, along with splitting mobile networks into two parts, can help reduce energy consumption of operator networks by a factor of 1000.
NBN Co CEO, Mike Quigley, used a press conference in Sydney to reject allegations he should’ve known about cases of bribery that took place in Alcatel-Lucent when he was a senior executive there.
Improper payments helped the company make up to $48 million in profit, according to U.S. authorities
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Lenovo's new workstation is indeed 'Tiny' but packs a punch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst | 12 month fixed term contractQLD
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther