Telco and tech firms spent more than $U31bn on startups related to the Internet of Things (IoT) between 2011 and 2015, according to new research from Ovum.
Pursuing opportunities in the Internet of Things market, Intel has sealed a deal to buy Altera in an all-cash transaction valued at about $16.7 billion, which would be Intel's largest acquisition ever.
Intel, Altera said near a deal... Senate lets NSA dragnet expire... Asus promises 4-day smartwatch life...and more tech news.
Intel and Altera are apparently once again on speaking terms and said to be nearing a deal in which Intel would buy the smaller chip maker for US$15 billion.
Asia's crowds don't come out for Apple Watch... China has a 'Great Cannon'... Intel drops Altera bid... and more tech news.
MSI has long pushed the boundaries of invention with its ever-evolving range of laptops but it has now pulled off a world first with the new MSI Creative 17.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
- 2 Oppo Watch review: A masterclass in imitation
- 3 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 4 Google Pixel 4a review: The Goldilocks Google phone
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G review: Wrong Number
Join the newsletter!
- RIP old-school Internet: Chrome 88 lays Flash and FTP to rest
- What are the best pre-built PCs for basic tasks? | Ask an expert
- Samsung Galaxy S21 vs iPhone 12: Which should you spend your $800 on?
- MediaTek's powerful Dimensity 1200 smartphone CPU will challenge Qualcomm
- Intel quietly kills its face-melting Optane desktop SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- iPhone 12 Pro review: The iPhone that’s future proof
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- Oppo Watch review: A masterclass in imitation
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?