AMD's AGESA 22.214.171.124 adds 26 new memory parameters for enthusiasts to tinker with, while pushing supported RAM speeds to 4000MHz.
In a Reddit AMA, Radeon chief Raja Koduri revealed enlightening details about Radeon RX Vega's performance, HBM2 memory, and more.
AMD said Ryzen laptops are coming soon, and Asus ROG apparently already has a gaming notebook on tap.
AMD's first new enthusiast graphics card is finally here, but the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition isn't for gamers.
With the Ryzen desktop chips already launched, AMD's attention is turning to the mobile and commercial PC markets with the upcoming Ryzen Mobile and Ryzen Pro chips.
It's called Threadripper, and it will be the first consumer-focused chip with 16 cores and 32 threads of computing power. Due out this summer, Intel should be worried about this monster.
The Radeon 17.4.4 drivers for AMD graphics cards installed a shortcut to the Quake Champions website on user desktops, without warning or the ability to opt out.
AMD's Balanced Power Plan is packaged with driver 17.10 WHQL for PC users rocking Ryzen on Windows 10 64-bit.
Adding the RX 580 BIOS to an RX 480 gives you the performance of the new graphics card, but that swap doesn't come without risks.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
AMD's new Radeon RX 500-series graphics cards are a refined, retuned take on its Polaris GPUs.
The AMD FreeSync support in Xbox Project Scorpio may help bring variable refresh rates to the living room.
AMD's answer to Ryzen performance problems is the Ryzen Balanced power plan for Windows 10, which promises to boost speed by up to 21 percent.
AMD's preparing a big April BIOS update for AMD motherboards ahead of Ryzen 5's launch.
AMD's optimization promise for Ryzen appears to be true. Oxide squeezed out about a third more performance from AMD's Ryzen CPUs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTLead Software DeveloperWA
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTLead ArchitectVIC
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW