Google has begun rolling out the Google Assistant to Android Auto and Android TV owners.
With the latest update, you can use the driver-optimized interface right on your phone or tablet, with no special car hardware necessary.
Samsung filed for a patent in Korea that describes a phone that could run a second operating system via virtualization, giving Windows as an example. If this patent moves forward, it could give Windows apps a new life on the smartphone.
The new car mount and connected Android app supports voice commands for text messages, calls, and streaming with Spotify.
Google is positive about the road ahead for Android Auto, saying it will come to 40 car models and support more apps this year.
Set up Android Auto in any older car with these steps: Buy a car phone mount and a Bluetooth receiver, and use a few handy apps and settings to make the experience seamless.
CES isn't exactly a launchpad for Android gear, but there were still some cool announcements this week. Here are eight that might have flown under your radar.
Google has partnered with Volvo and Audi to build Android Auto right into the car, no phone required. We take a look at everything it can do.
Monash University’s 100 per cent Online Data Science Single Units are designed to provide the foundation for professionals to capitalise on all of these key trends in data science.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Messy decisions mar smart evolutions
- 4 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
- 5 Nokia 8.1 review: The more things change, the more they stay the same
Join the newsletter!
- Huawei Australia repond to Android license crisis
- Razer Blade Stealth (2019) review: One of the nicest laptops I can't afford
- Need your dragon fix after Game of Thrones’ finale? Head to Elder Scrolls Online’s Elsweyr expansion
- Google pulls Huawei's Android license: 5 reasons not to panic (yet) if you own a Huawei phone
- FileShadow review: 100GB of free online storage plus local data backup and consolidation
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?