Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
It looks increasingly like Android will be the major challenger to both Apple's iPhone and iPad.
This afternoon, Motorola and Sprint revealed the Photon 4G, the first of many Motorola Android phones headed to the carrier. The Photon 4G boasts a qHD display, an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor and 4G speeds. Pricing hasn't been announced, but t...
While Google's software can't make the trains run on time, it can now tell you just how late they'll be.
More than 5,000 iOS developers are in San Francisco for Apple's big party at the Worldwide Developers Conference, but a new report says the hippest place to be is the Android Market. The study, from Bluevia and Vision Mobile, found that 67 per cent o...
With the unveiling of its iCloud service today, Apple is hoping you’ll like the new MobileMe.
Verizon Wireless is violating U.S. Federal Communications Commission rules by blocking users from using third-party tethering applications on Android smartphones, media reform group Free Press said in a complaint to the FCC Monday.
Motorola is backtracking on comments its CEO made last week about the impact Android apps have on phone performance.
Microsoft has presented the Windows 8 user interface and displayed various devices on which the next version of Windows will run.
Google has had to remove yet more malware-infected apps offered in its Android Market. As spotted by the Lookout Security Team, 50 applications were infected by a variation of the DroidDream malware that hit in March. Lookout is referring to the new ...
The Android tablet race is about to get a dashing new contender.
HTC plans to release an SDK for Sense, the user interface it features on Android phones.
Motorola's CEO blamed the open Android app store for performance issues on some phones.
Google unveiled details of Google Wallet this week. Google Wallet is an ambitious mobile payment plan designed to let your Android smartphone be your wallet, but you should consider very carefully just how secure your credit card data will be in Goog...
Microsoft is putting together a Web-based version of its application store for Windows Phone 7 smartphones, in the fashion of leading app stores from Apple and Google. The Web-based Windows Phone 7 Marketplace will arrive this autumn, in time for the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness SpecialistVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- TPMobile Application DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC