Organizations that want to extract more intelligence from their Hadoop deployments might find help from the relatively little known Tajo open source data warehouse software, which the Apache Software Foundation has pronounced as ready for commercial ...
Say hello to Flink, the newest distributed data analysis engine on the scene.
After almost two decades of trailing the market leader, Microsoft's Web server software is coming close to rivaling the dominance of the Apache Web server, according to the latest Netcraft survey of Internet infrastructure.
The Apache Software Foundation rushed last week to update the popular Apache Struts framework after a previous security patch for a high-risk vulnerability proved to be incomplete.
Security researchers published a proof-of-concept exploit for a recently disclosed vulnerability that allows attackers to launch denial-of-service attacks against websites hosted on Apache Tomcat servers.
Internet services and other organizations hoping to plant a newsfeed on their Web sites, or aggregate their log files, could get a hand from a new pub/sub (publish-subscribe) messaging application called [<a href="http://kafka.apache.org">Kafka</a>, ...
Many open-source software developers need to improve the way in which they handle vulnerability reports, according to researchers from security firm Rapid7, who recently found and reported vulnerabilities in seven popular open-source software applica...
The Apache Software Foundation unveiled its latest release of its open source data processing program, Hadoop 2. It runs multiple applications simultaneously to enable users to quickly and efficiently leverage data in multiple ways at supercomputing ...
A new version of the Apache Struts development framework released Friday fixes two problems that had developers worried.
The Apache Cassandra NoSQL distributed data store continues to accumulate features that mimic traditional databases, with the newly released version 2 of the open source software offering triggers, lightweight transactions and an updated query langua...
Chinese hackers are using an automated tool to exploit known vulnerabilities in Apache Struts, in order to install backdoors on servers hosting applications developed with the framework.
The Apache Software Foundation has released Struts 188.8.131.52, a security update for its popular Java Web application development framework that addresses two vulnerabilities, including a critical one that could allow remote attackers to execute arbitr...
The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) has approved CloudStack as a top-level project (TLP), helping the open-source cloud software effort further establish its independence from Citrix, which acquired the program's codebase in its 2011 purchase of Clo...
The organization behind LibreOffice is hoping community members will help it uncover problems with an upcoming release of the open-source office suite via an international "bug hunt" next week.
In an attempt to help developers create more modular enterprise Java programs, the Apache Software Foundation has reconfigured its Geronimo application server to a set of standards established by the OSGi (Open Services Gateway initiative) Alliance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Need for Speed: Payback tweaks awful progression system amid loot box controversy
- Five hidden features of Android 8.0 Oreo you should be using
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- AKG N60 NC review: on-ear headphones that sound great and make sense but fail to raise the bar
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- TPDelivery Lead - IT Services Function - Day rateNSW
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTSAP CRM FunctionalistOther
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTSplunk EngineerACT
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- FTSenior Web Developer-Angular JS, CSS, GIT, JenkinsOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCWorkforce Capacity Analyst - Contract with Large Telco in Pennant HillsNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- FTChange Facilitators / Change AnalystsOther
- FTProject Manager (Network & Security)Other
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTSAP Data AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- FTEcommerce Technical ManagerNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunitiesQLD
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther