It's no secret that iTunes' App Store has proven wildly successful--so much so that Apple's smartphone competitors are scrambling to duplicate the concept. But just to drive the point home, Apple today announced that its customers have downloaded mor...
Microsoft planned to announce on Tuesday that it will start accepting applications for its Windows Marketplace for Mobile on July 27 and confirmed that not all existing applications will be available at the store.
LG is the latest in a long-line of mobile phone manufacturers to launch its own app store.
The year 2009 is shaping up as the year of the app store, a Sun executive conjectured Wednesday during a panel session at the JavaOne conference.
Nokia has opened the Ovi Store, where owners of around 50 different Nokia devices can download applications, games, videos and podcasts.
Apple removed two iPhone applications from its App Store that allegedly infringed on the trademark of Cartier International, according to <a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124303659766448885.html">the Wall Street Journal</a>. The move came jus...
Mobile searchers have another resource at their fingertips, this time in the form of Yahoo's updated iPhone app, which now includes voice-recognition search capabilities. Yahoo's oneSearch functions much like the Google iPhone app: users press a butt...
Sun Microsystems plans to launch an App Store that could make Apple's look smaller than a 7-Eleven by comparison.
In a potentially market-changing move, Microsoft Corp. plans to let customers of its upcoming Windows Marketplace for Mobile run purchased apps on as many as five Windows Mobile phones at the same time.
Apple yesterday warned iPhone application developers that all apps submitted for iTunes App Store approval must be compliant with iPhone OS 3.0. In an e-mail sent to registered iPhone developers, Apple said all new apps will be tested for approval on...
As of today you can point your iPhone to the App Store and download Sling's place-shifting TV app. After a very long wait, the app finally made it into Apple's bonanza store, but Sling's attempt proves to be quite expensive and crippled from birth.
The newest version of Lotus Notes and Domino will push e-mail, contacts and calendar items to iPhone users.
The world's largest handset manufacturer, Nokia, is prepping its long-awaited application store for mobile devices at the end of May. With the new service, which is called the Ovi Store, the Finnish company will try to emulate Apple's success -- only...
Sling Media's SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone will arrive this evening at Apple's iTunes App Store, according to company spokesperson Cathy Cook.
Apple is playing the moral watchdog game again, this time banning from its App Store the Me So Holy app. In yet another episode of the rejected Apps soap opera, Apple found the app "objectionable," according to its iPhone developer agreement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCC# Web API EngineerNSW
- FTCommercial Analyst (IT Contracts)Other
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- FTSalesforce Consultant - AdministrationQLD
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application Support ConsultantQLD
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- FTSAP HANA Data Modelling ConsultantsACT
- FTNetwork SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- CCProcess AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther