Freedom is clearly a big theme in consumer technology marketing, going back to that iconic "1984" ad from Apple of the sledgehammer-wielding runner attacking Big Brother.
The Android mobile operating system thoroughly dominates the U.S. consumer smartphone market, while Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 OS is off to a slow start, according to a new survey by market researcher The NPD Group. And while Apple's share of th...
Since Apple introduced the world to the iPad, the tablet rivalry has been heated between iOS and Android. The problem, though -- for Android at least -- is that the rivalry was filled with idle speculation and vaporware compared to the blockbuster re...
Google is aggressively expanding its mobile app development efforts. According to a Wall Street Journal report, one of the first orders of business following the shakeup in executive leadership is to seek out app development talent. Google recognizes...
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak thinks he knows why the white iPhone 4 still isn't for sale.
Tired of lugging your laptop on business trips? Imagine leaving your clunky laptop at home and getting virtually all of your work done on a slim iPad. Yes, it's possible. But you'll need adept planning, as well as some hardware, cloud services, and s...
For the first time in its short history, Google Android is now the No.1 mobile operating system in the world, according to research firm Canalys.
On the back of Samsung Galaxy Tab sales, Android tablets grabbed a 22% share of the world's tablet market last quarter, denting for the first time the iPad's dominance, a research firm said today.
An anticipated refresh by Apple of its prime notebook line may be delayed by an Intel chipset design blunder, analysts said today.
Shipments of Android-based smartphones reached 32.9 million worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2010, making Android the best-sellingoperating system for smartphones, market research company Canalys said on Monday.
AT&T reported Thursday it had 95.5 million wireless subscribers at the end of 2010, putting it ahead of Verizon Wireless, which reported earlier this week that it had 94.1 million.
There's little doubt that Verizon Wireless has an instant hit on its hands with the Apple iPhone 4, which the U.S. carrier starts selling on February 10. But how many millions of iPhones will Verizon sell in 2011? According to one analyst, sales cou...
Reports that the next iPhone and iPad could include Near Field Communication (NFC) technology have raised the prospect that many more consumers in the U.S. will soon be able to use their devices to pay for almost anything -- a candy bar, a subway rid...
Apple could cause some serious disruption in the mobile payments space if it enters the field as reported, say analysts.
Apple and News Corp. will launch the latter's The Daily iPad-only newspaper next week in New York, according to invitations sent to members of the press.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Five Eyes want “cooperation” from tech companies on encryption
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMobile App DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTAgile Test LeadOther
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- TPGIS ConsultantVIC