Information technology may thrive on the new, but it is heavily supported by a programming language more than 40 years old.
Panasonic has joined the Smart TV Alliance, a project started by LG last year to create a common platform for developing connected TV applications.
Does true literacy now include the ability to write software programs, just as it does the ability to read, write and do sums?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published as a standard the latest version of the Ada programming language, Ada 2012, which offers a new security feature found in few other languages, called contract-based programming.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its service virtualization software, giving developers a broader palette upon which to test their programs.
YouTube engineers are developing a set of software, called Vitess, that will help open-source MySQL databases work more efficiently in very large-scale production environments. To write the code, they are using Google's programming language Go.
The new Xamarin.Mac framework allows C# developers to build native OS X apps that can be sold in the Mac App Store and share code with apps build for Android, iOS and Windows.
WordPress, the world's most widely used blogging software, has made it easier for people to share photos and videos of their cats. Enterprises that use the software for content management system (CMS) duties might find the improved multimedia capabil...
JetBrains has thoroughly revamped its IntelliJ Idea IDE for Java, redesigning the user interface on top and installing a new, faster compiler underneath.
Google is offering Android application developers a chance to use some of the advanced mapping features it had previously made available only on Google's own applications.
Research In Motion has introduced the BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, a smartphone developers can use to test their applications and get ready for the launch of the BlackBerry 10 QWERTY device next year. The company also said developers will be able to trade...
Amazon.com has opened its Maps API to all Kindle developers, who can now use it to integrate maps in their applications for the Kindle Fire family of tablets.
Microsoft's Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 (Visual Studio 2012.1) is now available for download. The update allows users to develop applications for Windows XP and more thoroughly test their work.
The PaaS (platform as a service) market will grow to US$1.2 billion this year, up from last year's $900 million take, as vendors and customers seek easier ways to create new applications and customize existing ones, according analyst firm Gartner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior DBANSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - VR 3D WebGLNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW