Research in Motion (RIM) is now accepting applications for its upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook tablet computer into the company's BlackBerry App World application store, RIM said on Tuesday.
Google is unveiling on Monday an upgrade to its mobile platform, Android 2.3, which features refinements to the UI as well as capabilities for rich multimedia, mobile payments, and faster text input.
Salesforce.com is getting into the cloud database business with a new on-demand service, Database.com, set to be announced Tuesday at the Dreamforce conference in San Francisco.
A car magazine once declared that a car has "character" if it takes 15 minutes to explain its idiosyncrasies before it can be loaned to a friend. By that standard, every piece of software has character -- all too often, right of the box.
Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application platform, which has been the subject of speculation lately about its future, will get a refresh next year when the company releases Silverlight 5.
Google will upgrade on Thursday its Google App Engine cloud platform and its software development kit, adding capabilities for real-time communications and increased data replication.
The developers of a tool that lets Windows Phone 7 users load applications that aren't in the Marketplace have pulled the tool, less than a week after publishing it.
With the release of HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) 11 package, Hewlett-Packard is hoping to streamline the process of application development, as well as offer managers insight into how their developers are faring on any given project.
Focusing on software delivery processes, Hewlett-Packard will formally launch today its HP ALM 11 Platform, which the company says automates application modernization from requirements management to quality and performance.
A recent glitch on Microsoft's download servers for brand new Windows Phone 7 applications has sparked widespread Internet chatter among developers and focused new attention on the best ways to protect smartphone apps from being hacked.
Microsoft has started letting developers build and release applications for Windows Phone 7 using Visual Basic, potentially opening the door to more applications on the new smartphone platform.
Salesforce.com has named JP Rangaswami, formerly chief scientist of BT Group, to a newly created position of the same name, the company said Wednesday.
Apps in the Android Market will display content ratings starting in a few weeks, Google said Wednesday.
Companies including Mozilla, Opera Software, Palm and Sony Ericsson are trying to accelerate the use of Web standards when developing applications for smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- FTIntegration EngineerACT
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCProject Delivery LeadQLD
- CCProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- CCAS400 / iSeries EngineerNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD