EMC's announcement this week of plans to purchase data warehousing vendor Greenplum represents a harbinger of things to come for that market, as well as related areas like BI (business intelligence) and data integration, according to some analysts.
Android is gaining on all the major smartphone platforms in the U.S., though it was only the fourth-most-used mobile operating system in May, market data firm comScore reported on Thursday.
It's unlikely that consumers' iTunes accounts were hacked by a Vietnamese iPhone developer, a security researcher said today.
Oracle's claims about its Exadata database machine's performance capabilities are merited, but in order to get the benefits, customers have to do more than flip a switch, according to a customer and consultant who are working with the platform.
JackBe is applying the app store concept to its own products for building enterprise mashups, applications that pull together data from various systems.
Microstrategy on Tuesday is announcing a next-generation mobile BI (business intelligence) application for Apple's iPhone and iPad, joining the growing pack of enterprise vendors that are embracing the red-hot platform.
After three years in development, Oracle Corp.'s much-anticipated Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE) suite will be formally released at an event in London on Wednesday.
Smartphones and their apps are the new way of the world, and developers are lured by their increasing popularity. But with two major platforms - Apple's recently upgraded and renamed iOS 4 and Google's Android - competing with one another, how does a...
Over the next decade, the benefits of being social online will greatly outweigh any hindrances that come with it, according to a study.
Oracle is preparing to launch a major migration of portals that serve customers and technologies gained through its acquisition of Sun Microsystems.
With the impending release of version 9.0 of the open-source Postgres database, due in mid-August, the developers behind the project are hoping that the new features will attract more interest from enterprises.
Apple today pulled a large number of apps created by a Vietnamese iPhone developer after claims by competitors that he had pushed his software to the top of the best seller list by purchasing them with stolen credit cards.
SAP said Friday that it has extended its US$5.8 billion bid for Sybase while it awaits approval under European merger regulations.
MySQL users now have another choice for support besides Oracle, which acquired the open-source database through its purchase of Sun Microsystems.
Microsoft is enabling its free SQL CE (SQL Server Compact Edition) database to work within ASP.Net Web applications, thus providing a lightweight database option for ASP.Net Web development, a Microsoft official said this week.
Enter this months competition and you and friend could be heading to the movies. *T&C's Apply
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 3 ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- 4 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 5 LG SK85 Super UHD TV + SK9Y soundbar review: A richly-realised, albeit conventional, alternative to OLED
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti are loaded with boundary-pushing graphics tech
- Walmart has your back-to-school shopping covered with these killer Dell, Lenovo laptop deals
- Get a fresh slice of Android 9 Pie with this insane deal on the Essential Phone
- The Gardens Between adds Switch version ahead of September 20 launch
- Searching for Bing: How Microsoft's search engine has lost its way
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Canon EOS 1500D: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Dell G5 review: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?