These tablet-optimized apps bring your business one step closer to going tree-free and totally mobile.
Canonical made quite a splash at the start of this year when it announced Ubuntu for phones, but--apart from what it demonstrated at the time--we're still waiting both for the downloadable image it promised to provide for the Galaxy Nexus and for spe...
Google has just updated its Google Search Android app, which now includes a home screen widget for the Google Now service.
When it comes to mobile platforms, it's all about the apps. Got apps? Then you've got users. If you don't, then you don't - just ask BlackBerry about its failed Playbook, and both Palm and HP about the disaster that was WebOS. Overall app quality mea...
The Macworld | iWorld Expo in San Francisco is an Apple lover's Disneyland. Ashton Kutcher kicked things off by plugging his movie iJobs, but the main attraction is the showroom floor where vendors display their wares, everything from iPad and iPhone...
Most iPhone and iPad apps appear harmless and fun, but don't fall for them. Some apps are virtual Trojan horses that swipe personal data when you're not looking. Appthority has put together a list of some of the worst offenders and you may be shocked...
Popular subscription music service Rdio has announced that Australian users can now stream free music on the Web, bringing the service in line with the US.
For some reason, Microsoft has taken to calling the mini-programs that you can install into their Office applications “apps”. Functionally, though, most of these are similar to Web browser add-ons - in the sense that they add to or enhance the featu...
If you want to be among the first to experience Mailbox for iPhone, stop reading for a moment and make a reservation for early access to the app. We'll wait.
You're in good hands with Windows 8
Where to watch the big event on Jan. 21, plan your trip to DC, or watch President Obama dance Gangnam style
No-code, low-code, and Cloud-based offerings give developers even more options for rapid prototyping and deployment of mobile apps
It's been a big year for smartphones--the iPhone 5, the Galaxy S III, the debut of Windows Phone 8--but as always, it's the apps that matter.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Highlights and lowlights from the Google Play Store’s “trending” section, fast-moving freebies and more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTScrum Master - TechnicalNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerACT
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- CCProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCPenetration Test Analyst or Ethical HackerACT