The CPU flaw isn't just limited to PCs and Macs anymore. The Spectre vulnerability affects mobile devices and your phone is likely at risk. Here's what it is and how you can mitigate the risks.
ARM tried but had a disastrous outing in PCs starting with Linux-based smartbooks and then tablets with Windows RT.
ARM executives said other ARM licensees could follow Qualcomm's lead and emulate Intel's x86 instructions for Windows 10. For its part, ARM is busy with the connected car.
It's the early days for mobile virtual reality, and a robust VR-capable smartphone could cost you more than $500. But a new GPU from ARM could make VR a default feature in low-cost handsets by 2018.
Apple's A10 Fusion at the heart of the iPhone 7 is the most powerful chip ever to appear in a smartphone, the company claimed. Apple's new ARM processor allocates low-effort jobs to special low-powered cores, then ramps up the performance when needed...
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
For more than a decade Arm Holdings has designed chips that have powered mobile handsets and smartphones like Apple's iPhone. The company now faces a challenger in Intel, which recently demonstrated a smartphone, LG Electronics' GW990, based on its u...
For once, Intel knows how it feels to be the underdog.
If you still blanche at the term "netbook" for being an ungainly piece of vendor-speak, then prepare to be nauseated later this year as "smartbook" supporters start to bang that marketing drum.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Nest Hub Max (2019) review
- 2 Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100 (2019) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (2019) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- 5 Oppo Reno Z Australian review (2019)
Join the newsletter!
- Surviving the Aftermath hands-on: It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine(ish)
- PDXCON 2019: Paradox reveals Crusader Kings III, Surviving the Aftermath, and more
- Overwatch: Legendary Edition (Nintendo Switch) review
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch) review
- John Wick Hex (2019) review
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Best true wireless earbuds: Jabra vs Sony vs Beats
- The Pixel 4 has everything you expected (plus a killer price-tag)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?