Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT)
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The loose-knit confederation of internet activists who organise under the banner "Anonymous" appeared to hit Australia again this morning, with Operation Payback targeting a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against the Australian Federatio...
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
Australian ISP iiNet and millions of Australian Internet users will be holding their breath tomorrow as the Federal Court delivers a verdict on the iiNet vs Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) copyright case.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTAutomation Tester | C# & Selenium | Leading SaaS FintechNSW
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD
- TPImplementation Planner | P90 |$1300/dayQLD
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW