Let's face it: batteries suck. The only reason battery life is getting better is because everything else in our devices is getting smaller. That allows manufacturers to make more room for the dang power pack without having to improve anything but the...
Cell phones are constantly transmitting radio signals, whose energy can also be used to boost the battery life of mobile devices.
Researchers at Stanford University have developed a new battery that can be recharged in about a minute and is safer than the lithium ion cells used in everything from smartwatches to passenger jets.
A bid by Apple to settle an employee poaching lawsuit with battery maker A123 Systems appears to have been unsuccessful, with the iPhone maker now asking the court to dismiss the suit or transfer it to its home turf in California.
The claims A123 Systems made against Apple in a civil lawsuit over employee hiring are speculative and the case should be dismissed, Apple argued in a motion filed Tuesday.
If there's one thing almost every smartphone user wants, it's longer battery life.
As more sensors get added to the Internet of Things, power consumption can pose a problem, but researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have come up with a way to reduce the energy that such components require.
Lithium-ion batteries are relatively safe but can still pose risks of fire or explosion. Researchers may now have solved that problem using a material commonly found in bullet proof vests.
Panasonic has vastly expanded a recall of lithium-ion batteries at risk of overheating that affects ruggedized Toughbook tablets as well as notebook computers.
Power-sipping wearable devices could become smaller with a new rechargeable battery from Panasonic.
A Japanese safety institute has released a video that serves as a graphic reminder of the danger posed by damaged Lithium Ion batteries.
New research by a California-based team could change the way lithium-ion batteries are charged in consumer electronics products and electric cars, leading to longer lifetimes and more useful batteries.
Consumer affairs groups in Japan are concerned over a rash of incidents involving smartphone chargers and cables.
Low-power wearables may soon bid adieu to batteries and start drawing energy generated by body heat and movement, and ambient energy from the environment.
Researchers at Stanford University have made progress toward designing a battery with a lithium anode, a development that could increase battery power in electronics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- Opinion: KRACK makes it clear who is and who isn't ready for the next big cyber security crisis
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- How Australian organisations can prevent cybercrime from taking a toll on their network
- Dyno Introduces Modular, Motorized Camera Slider System for GoPros, Small Cameras and Smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSystems Engineering Design Acceptance LeadACT
- FTSenior Data AnalystOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesWA
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTProject AnalystOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- CCPlatform ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing AnalystNSW
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - Software Development ProjectsOther
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - CCNP or CCIEOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCWin10 Packaging & DeploymentWA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPCRM Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW