Phone Arena benchmarked the battery in the Galaxy S8+ and found that it got 8 hours, better than any other Android phone and even besting the iPhone 7. But Samsung's default settings limit the display's full potential.
A pair of UT Austin researchers, including the co-inventor of the lithium-ion battery, have developed a solid-state battery that can store more energy and is said to be safer than the batteries used in today's phones and tablets.
You might be able to use a portable battery to charge your Watch while wearing it.
Samsung will run batteries through extensive testing to check durability, charging, build quality, and leakage before shipping new smartphones.
The Surface Pro 3 is having battery issues again, but this time it's largely affecting LG-made batteries.
Microsoft today continued to press its case that Windows 10's Edge browser is more power efficient than rivals.
A portable battery with a lot of potential for charging a laptop with USB-C.
Google recently ran a battery life test comparing Chrome 46 to Chrome 53. And the winner was...Chrome.
Samsung Electronics is on the verge of making a substantial investment in BYD, a Chinese manufacturer of electric cars and batteries.
It's part of a batch of four new phones marketed towards those who crave longer battery life and a slim build.
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
If you bought a Toshiba laptop between 2011 and 2016 you might have a faulty battery pack eligible for a free replacement.
You'll be shocked, but inside it's mostly battery.
We think of batteries as just a fuel tank to power our electronic devices. Microsoft, Tesla and others have thought up a new idea: software-defined batteries, which use a bunch of specialized batteries to trade off power tasks as needed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- CCAutomation Tester - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware ConsultantOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- CCSAP CRM, ABAP, FIORI & UI5 ResourcesVIC
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSiebel Design AnalystOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- CCICT System TrainersACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTAgile Test LeadOther
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA