Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
big data in pictures
Many healthcare organisations like to talk about data analytics. However, here are eight pieces of expert advice to help you actually do it.
The Big Data space is heating up
Cloud, mobility, Big Data, SDN, wearables -- see what’s in store for 2014
Successful AI projects require more than just great algorithms or access to data scientists, writes Ray Wang of Constellation Research.
Network analytics startup Saisei, of which Dodo founder Larry Kestelman is the largest shareholder, has been recognised as a ‘Big50 Startup’ in the US.
MapR Technologies' new Spyglass Initiative is an open and extensible approach designed to centralized monitoring of big data deployments.
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
Businesses and large corporations struggle to digest dense data. An overload of data can be intimidating, and problems arise from the time taken to process the information, as well as a lack of internal skills and tools to interpret it. In cases wher...
In recent years, big data and artificial intelligence (AI) have received overwhelming attention, however the interesting – even obvious – connection between the two hasn’t often been explored. It is the combination of big data and AI working together...
Big Data is a huge buzz word in the business world and why should it be any different in sport? Big Data is changing the rules of the game and is providing athletes with the winning edge.
What you need to know about HP Inc. - one half of the new-look tech giant.
Applying Big Data approaches to information security can help enterprises build better situational awareness capabilities, but implementation could prove to be a major challenge, security experts said at the RSA Conference 2013 being held here this w...
Whitepapers about big data
This paper explains why, with big data, it’s not about the type, amount or speed of data, but rather what we do with that data and the speed at which we do it. • Business intelligence reports and dashboards simply won’t give you with the level of detail and agility you need • Analytics can help gain a competitive advantage, but developing analytics maturity will help sustain that • This paper walks through each step of the analytics maturity journey, providing insights into the capabilities and tools to consider
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCBusiness Analysts - agileACT
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Engineers- Transmission, IP Core and ITOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- CCTraining Consultant/Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD