Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
big data in pictures
Many healthcare organisations like to talk about data analytics. However, here are eight pieces of expert advice to help you actually do it.
The Big Data space is heating up
Cloud, mobility, Big Data, SDN, wearables -- see what’s in store for 2014
Successful AI projects require more than just great algorithms or access to data scientists, writes Ray Wang of Constellation Research.
Network analytics startup Saisei, of which Dodo founder Larry Kestelman is the largest shareholder, has been recognised as a ‘Big50 Startup’ in the US.
MapR Technologies' new Spyglass Initiative is an open and extensible approach designed to centralized monitoring of big data deployments.
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
Businesses and large corporations struggle to digest dense data. An overload of data can be intimidating, and problems arise from the time taken to process the information, as well as a lack of internal skills and tools to interpret it. In cases wher...
In recent years, big data and artificial intelligence (AI) have received overwhelming attention, however the interesting – even obvious – connection between the two hasn’t often been explored. It is the combination of big data and AI working together...
Big Data is a huge buzz word in the business world and why should it be any different in sport? Big Data is changing the rules of the game and is providing athletes with the winning edge.
What you need to know about HP Inc. - one half of the new-look tech giant.
Applying Big Data approaches to information security can help enterprises build better situational awareness capabilities, but implementation could prove to be a major challenge, security experts said at the RSA Conference 2013 being held here this w...
Whitepapers about big data
This paper explains why, with big data, it’s not about the type, amount or speed of data, but rather what we do with that data and the speed at which we do it. • Business intelligence reports and dashboards simply won’t give you with the level of detail and agility you need • Analytics can help gain a competitive advantage, but developing analytics maturity will help sustain that • This paper walks through each step of the analytics maturity journey, providing insights into the capabilities and tools to consider
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google $2.72 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS with out patching
- PNY GTX 1080 Ti XLR8 OC review: A gorgeous graphics card with great value
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior Cerner Applications SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- TPAgile Senior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther