Despite the significant Java security improvements made by Oracle during the past six months, Java vulnerabilities continue to represent a major security risk for organizations because most of them have outdated versions of the software installed on ...
The attacks discovered last week that exploited a previously unknown Java vulnerability were likely launched by the same attackers that previously targeted security firm Bit9 and its customers, according to researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Bit9 said a common Web application vulnerability was responsible for allowing hackers to ironically use the security vendor's systems as a launch pad for attacks on other organizations.
Security vendor Bit9 promised to release limited details of a hack caused by a failure of the company to install the same security software on its own network that it sells to a handful of Fortune 500 companies.
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- AMD's 'TR4' Threadripper CPU socket is gigantic
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTDealing Room Support AnalystOther
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTApplications Project ManagerACT
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery ExecutiveOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTRecord Management Support OfficerACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC