Mainframe operators using BMC software may now be able to enjoy the speedy, devops-style development pace that is quickly becoming the norm for customer-facing mobile applications and Internet services.
BMC Software wants to bring some social networking magic to the formal world of the IT help desk.
BMC Software has set up a private-label marketplace service that will allow independent software vendors (ISVs) and other organizations to run their own online app stores.
Salesforce.com has long had a public AppExchange software marketplace, but now it's going to give customers the ability to create their own private AppExchanges where employees can download applications to use in their jobs.
Now that many organizations see the utility in big data, BMC Software has provided a way to incorporate jobs from the Hadoop data processing platform into larger enterprise workflows.
BMC has agreed to be acquired by a private investment consortium headed by Bain Capital and Golden Capital, in a deal worth about $US6.9 billion.
High-speed storage for hi-res photos and videos
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 9 PureView review: A flawed, ambitious, endearing flagship
- 2 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 3 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 4 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 5 Jaybird Run XT review: Back on track
Join the newsletter!
- HP Chromebook x360 14 G1 review: A giant, powerful convertible that most people don't need
- How to check your graphics card's GPU temperature
- Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO review: Clack of the Titans
- Huawei delays the launch of its $2,600 folding Mate X phone, surprising no one
- Intel's NUC Compute Elements hopes to make laptops modular
PCW Evaluation Team
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Everything you need to know before you buy a 5G phone in Australia
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Computex 2019
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?