Internet Explorer is under attack again. Microsoft has issued a security advisory explaining a newly-discovered exploit impacting most versions of the Internet Explorer Web browser. The security advisory contains details about the threat, as well as ...
Microsoft today warned that attackers are targeting Internet Explorer (IE) with an exploit of a critical unpatched vulnerability in all current versions of the browser.
The security researcher who created the Firesheep snooping tool defended his work today, saying it's no one's business what software people run on their computers.
The newly released sixth preview of Internet Explorer 9 best handles the forthcoming HTML5 standard, followed by Google's Chrome 7 Web browser, according to recent early tests by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Microsoft's claim that Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and IE9 beat the usage share gains posted by Chrome last month don't hold up, according to the data the company cited Monday.
When you right-click a link in Chrome and select Open link in a new tab -- or if you point to the link and click the wheel rather than one of the buttons--the browser will open that link in a new tab.
Opera has made a beta version of its mobile browser, Opera Mini 5.1, available for mobile phones running the Symbian S60 platform.
Mozilla today announced that it will delay the release of Firefox 4 until 2011.
Mozilla today said it wouldn't -- or couldn't -- pull a "kill switch" to disable the Firesheep add-on that lets anyone steal log-on and account access information to Facebook, Twitter and other major Web services.
Mozilla developers are scrambling to fix a new Firefox browser bug being used by criminals to install malicious software on victims' computers.
Following in the footsteps of Firefox and Chrome, Apple this summer began allowing developers to create extensions for its Safari 5 Web browser and more recently launched its Extensions Gallery. The idea is to allow users to customize Safari in ways ...
No matter how many choices there are in the Web browser arena, it's a pretty safe bet that many of us would love to tweak some aspect of the interface on our browser of choice, if given the opportunity. After all, no one product can satisfy everyone ...
Google patched 11 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday as it updated the browser to version 7.
Mozilla on Tuesday patched 12 vulnerabilities in Firefox, including a second patch for a "binary planting" problem in Windows that researchers publicized last year.
Adobe has released the new version of its Reader PDF viewing software, and with it comes a number of changes: a new Roman-based numbering scheme ("Adobe Reader X"), tightened security and, for the browser version, a substantially reduced user interfa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC