Oracle is scooping up co-browsing software maker LiveLOOK in a bid to flesh out its suite of customer experience software.
Developers can try out new features of the next version of Internet Explorer using a test edition Microsoft has released for their use.
Google has started an open-source project for a PDF software library, which developers will be able to incorporate into applications designed for a variety of platforms.
Aiming to provide more transparency in how it develops Internet Explorer, Microsoft has launched a website to help keep developers abreast of the latest changes and plans for the browser.
Mozilla will upgrade its Firefox browser with copyright protection technology, fearing a loss of users if they can't play protected content from services like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.
Microsoft crowed about advances in Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Phone 8.1 earlier this week, but so far reviews from users are mixed.
An experimental feature in test versions of Google's Chrome browser that is intended to provide greater protection against phishing can, in some cases, do the opposite, according to a security company.
If you find yourself with 10 or more tabs open in your browser when you're working or doing research online, there's an easy way to organize them by using pinned tabs.
Microsoft has issued a patch for an Internet Explorer zero-day flaw being actively exploited by malicious hackers and that was first identified Saturday .
Mozilla is going to show advertising to Firefox users to increase its sources of revenue that now mainly comes from Google, the company said Wednesday.
Google said there's no threat from a speech recognition feature in its Chrome browser that a developer said could be used to listen in on users.
Changes in Google Chrome extension ownership can expose thousands of users to aggressive advertising and possibly other threats, two extension developers have recently discovered.
Google released emergency security updates for Chrome in order to patch critical vulnerabilities demonstrated Thursday by a security researcher at the Mobile Pwn2Own hacking competition.
Google has developed a security feature for Chrome that lets the browser detect and stop malware downloads.
Firefox's new support for HTML5's Web audio feature steals the show
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- CCAS400 / iSeries EngineerNSW
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW