IBM has acquired virtual assistant software startup Cognea, with plans to roll its capabilities into the Watson cognitive computing platform.
Baidu has scored a win over Google by hiring Andrew Ng, founder of the "Google Brain," to run the Chinese Internet giant's artificial intelligence labs.
Platfora is continuing to evolve its Hadoop-focused analytics platform with a series of features catering to various user roles, such as data scientists and business analysts.
All the hype around big data last year didn't drive big growth in the worldwide BI (business-intelligence) and analytics market, according to research firm Gartner.
SAP is making good on a promise to migrate its Ariba e-commerce software to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and says an initial step has already produced staggering performance improvements.
Tibco has acquired Jaspersoft for US$185 million in a deal that will give it a widely used embedded BI (business-intelligence) suite to sell alongside its existing Spotfire analytics product.
SAP reported a strong growth in cloud revenue and fast adoption of its HANA platform in the first quarter, while its software revenue dipped from the same quarter in the previous year.
Oracle is rolling out a new in-memory application for its J.D. Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) software that's aimed at giving customers real-time insights into their supply chain in order to avoid calamities and optimize day-to-day busine...
Teradata is hoping to gain ground in the hotly competitive data-warehousing and analytics market with QueryGrid, a new product that allows users to run a single SQL-based query across multiple data stores, from Teradata's own system to Hadoop and riv...
SimpleQL thinks the best way to bring business intelligence to people who've never drilled into big data is to help them decide what they want to know.
SAP is continuing to merge its HANA in-memory database platform with its Business Warehouse data warehousing software, with the latest update adding support for HANA's real-time data loading services.
Informatica hopes to save business analysts time by allowing them to build their own queries and reports, without requiring the IT department to do all the assembly work.
Microsoft is about to make a fresh run at its CRM (customer relationship management) rival Salesforce.com with new capabilities for marketing automation, customer support and social media monitoring.
Intel is continuing to build out its array of software tools for the Hadoop open-source big data processing framework, with an emphasis on the security and reliability features demanded by large enterprises.
Microsoft's new service, Power BI, provides a way to analyze data and present the results in a visually appealing way, without the bother of consulting an enterprise business intelligence software package.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Business Analysts, Banking, LendingOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst - MediaOther
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperOther