Google launched both a new category of cable-free Standalone VR devices, as well as a new Visual Positioning System.
Some big players in security and the internet of things, including AT&T and Nokia, are joining forces to solve problems that they say make IoT vulnerable in many areas.
In the latest episode of Security Sessions, CSO Editor-in-Chief Joan Goodchild chats with Stephen Boyer, CTO and co-founder of BitSight, about the recent DNS attacks against Dyn, and how CSOs can prepare their systems against future attacks.
Network World's Brandon Butler and Blair Hanley Frank from the IDG News Service discuss cloud news from Day 1 of the 2016 Amazon re:Invent show in Las Vegas, including what was up with the "big honking truck" showing up on the keynote stage.
Up for discussion: The 10 most pressing and disruptive technologies for the year ahead, according to Computerworld's Tech Forecast 2017 research.
People seeking leadership roles in business, or even those in search of funding for a start-up, may volunteer their DNA test results to demonstrate that they have the right aptitude, leadership capabilities and intelligence for the job.
Don't be surprised if your company decides to do away with password logins. A new survey has found that most organizations are leaning toward phasing out password authentication.
Achieving balance between work and home life is an ongoing challenge for professionals across industries, but it turns out the IT world is doing pretty well in helping to make it happen.
Apple joined with 77 other corporations around the world in committing to using electricity from 100% renewable sources to run its data centers and offices around the globe.
x.ai products Andrew and Amy Ingram are intelligent AI assistants that when CC'd on an email, interact with other parties as a human assistant would to efficiently get them on your calendar.
The cloud -- both on-premise and off-premise -- is transforming servers and data centers, and many companies are having vendors customize their hardware for specific cloud-based workloads.
As cars become more computerized, the vehicles are facing a greater risk of being hacked. That’s why Volkswagen is founding a new cyber security company devoted to protecting next generation cars.
Extreme gets security, managed service, new vertical market access with wireless LAN deal
Microsoft is creating some 3.2 million square feet of data center space in the West Des Moines, Iowa, area but in three separate locations. The combined investment is about $3.5 billion.
The planned sale of Opera Software to a group of Chinese companies for $1.2 billion has foundered.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Data Engineer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTBI Developer (SQL Server Reporting Services)SA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- FTOAM Specialist | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Network DeveloperVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD