IT leaders must prepare for 'wear-your-own-device' as wearables-driven consumerisation starts to take hold.
Optus has partnered with Google to integrate a direct carrier billing model within the Google Play store.
We just got our hands on Samsung's Galaxy S5 smartphone. Here's what's in the box.
If you were just getting comfortable with BYOD, brace yourself for new twists and turns. CIOs can expect more devices to enter the enterprise in consumer clothing, real security threats to emerge, new MDM options and much more in 2014.
Everyone seems to be jumping on the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) bandwagon, but it's a bumpy ride. There are many ways to fall off and get a bloody nose (or worse). As the BYOD reality catches up to the hype, here are 12 very real disaster scenarios.
Managing devices in a BYOD environment is no small feat, and the right mobile device management product is a key component in making it work. Here are 10 top MDM vendors in the market today.
Technology has changed everything we know about the office. Now it is threatening to get rid of the office as we know it.
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement affects everyone at a company, from CEO on down to the hourly worker. Here are 10 of the most common worker types taking shape in the new BYOD workplace.
While it's important to remember that the use of Google Android software in the enterprise is still a comparatively young phenomenon, there are a few general guidelines that businesses looking to use the platform would do well to remember.
Yahoo recently made waves when CEO Marissa Mayer revoked all work-from-home arrangements and mandated that employees show up at the office. However, the real-world data Mayer reportedly based her decision upon is not a valid metric for work-from-home...
Imagine an organisation where employees are given several consecutive months of vacation every year. It sounds like a dream, but in the era of BYOD, it could also be an IT exec's worst nightmare.
Microsoft and Apple recommend that businesses deny certain iPhones, iPads and iPods access to Calendar items until the companies can clear up a problem that slows Exchange servers to a crawl when the devices try to synch.
In a bid to give IT departments better control over devices that employees bring to work, ForeScout Technologies has added MobileIron to the list of mobile management vendors its network access control platform can be integrated with.
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 will mark "the end" of the computer industry's dominant OS due to increasing competition and choice sparked by alternatives, according to Salesforce.com CEO, Marc Benioff.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Data Analytics & Systems) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- CCSplunk - Technical AnalystVIC
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW