Canonical continues to make the Ubuntu server edition speedier and more versatile in cloud environments.
The developers of the popular vBulletin commercial Internet forum software are investigating a potential exploit and advised users to delete the "install" directory from their deployments as a precaution.
Canonical is in talks with Dell on making a version of Ubuntu supported by the Chinese government available as a pre-installed OS on the PC maker's upcoming products destined for the Chinese market.
Canonical raised only US$12.8 million of the $32 million it wanted for the production of the Ubuntu-based Edge smartphone.
Canonical has lowered the price of its Ubuntu smartphone to US$695 from $775 in a bid to reach its lofty $32 million crowdfunding goal in the next two weeks.
The latest beta of Canonical's Linux smartphone system shows the outlines of a possible winner
Canonical is taking its innovative smartphone design directly to potential customers. The company has launched a crowdfunding campaign to build the original batch of its planned Ubuntu Edge devices.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
China has picked Canonical's Linux-based Ubuntu OS as the reference architecture to establish a standardized operating system in the nation that could end up in PCs, servers, tablets and smartphones.
Canonical made quite a splash at the start of this year when it announced Ubuntu for phones, but--apart from what it demonstrated at the time--we're still waiting both for the downloadable image it promised to provide for the Galaxy Nexus and for spe...
Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
CES attendees took to the FCC's plan for more Wi-Fi spectrum, which was announced at the show on Wednesday, like hungry gamblers to a buffet.
Samsung plans to launch its first cell phones this year based on Tizen, a Linux-based operating system that will principally rival Google's Android OS.
Further expanding from its core mission of providing Linux distributions for desktop computers and servers, Canonical is developing a version of Ubuntu for smartphones.
After months of anticipation by Linux fans around the world, Ubuntu 11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot” made its long-awaited debut on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCGun Java/ Full Stack Developer wanted...VIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- TPPrincipal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | QlikQLD
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- TPETL DeveloperNSW