India has decided to allow mobile services operations to be wholly owned by foreign investors, a move that is expected to lead multinationals to take full control of their Indian joint ventures by buying out local partners.
The Green Electronics Council plans to expand its EPEAT environmental rating system later this year to include smartphones, the council said Tuesday.
AT&T is offering no-contract smartphones and tablets on monthly installments, with the promise of an annual upgrade, taking on similar offers by competitor T-Mobile US.
AT&T plans to acquire Leap Wireless, operator of the Cricket prepaid mobile service, in what would be the latest consolidation of the U.S. mobile industry.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
Sprint and its new owner, SoftBank, hit the ground running on Thursday by announcing service plans that can include guaranteed talk, text and data for life.
T-Mobile will begin its rollout of phones based on Mozilla's Firefox OS when it puts the Alcatel One Touch on sale in Poland next week.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
T-Mobile US will let its customers switch phones twice a year under a new service announced Wednesday, the company's latest move to set itself apart from its larger rivals.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Alcatel-Lucent and Telekom Austria have completed the world's first trial of G.fast, new technology enabling gigabit broadband over existing copper networks.
In the wee hours of Sunday morning, Sprint Nextel will give its iDEN push-to-talk network the final push -- over the edge.
Myanmar is a step closer to offering affordable mobile services after selecting two international carriers to launch telecommunications networks in one of Asia's last untapped markets.
Verizon Wireless has completed the initial rollout of its 4G LTE network, covering 95 percent of the U.S. population, and is now looking to reuse other spectrum for LTE and deploy small cells using the technology.
Sprint Nextel shareholders have voted overwhelmingly to approve SoftBank's US$21.6 billion takeover bid, setting the stage for the deal to close early next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Lead (Azure AD)Other
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPHelpDesk Analyst (Access Control Team Leader)ACT
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCICT System TrainersACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCMultiple Project Coordinators - TelcoVIC
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ArmidaleNSW