At a splashy press event at CES in Las Vegas, Toshiba trotted out its latest and greatest HDTV, the Cell TV, with its companion media center set-top box.
Toshiba will soon unveil its first television based on the Cell processor, the same multimedia chip that sits at the heart of the PlayStation 3 games console.
A prototype device due to be shown in Tokyo Wednesday may give laptop computers a better shot at performing heavy-duty video processing.
Toshiba's development of a TV based on the Cell processor is on schedule and due to be launched in about six months, the company said Tuesday.
October began, as it always does, with Japan's biggest electronics show: Ceatec. The show attracted a little over 196,000 visitors who got a chance to see the best of the Japanese electronics industry, including some exciting new prototypes of device...
There are so many different options for cloud (online) storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 4 Sony WF-SP900 review: One step forward, two steps back
- 5 Plantronics BackBeat Fit 3100 review: Safety first
Join the newsletter!
- The ultra-thin Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e has an OLED screen, Android Pie and no S Pen for $400
- We’re going to see the emergence of RegTech as an industry: Sri Shivananda
- Steam's iron grip on PC gaming is probably over
- Master & Dynamics MW07 true wireless headphones review
- How to enable HDR in your Ring security camera
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?