6 innovative new companies showed off their products in the Eureka Park section of CES 2017.
The AllSeen Alliance and the Open Interconnect Consortium are on track to have certified products at CES in January.
CES is a consumer show, but there are plenty of nifty tools for businesses too.
While the International CES emphasised home networks and LTE-equipped cars, a different kind of network that can send tiny messages across a city crept toward a future that some people think may be huge.
For Lenovo, the craze for selfies knows no bounds -- the company has developed a robot that can be remotely adjusted to take pictures from a mobile device.
International CES has never been a showcase for new smartphones, but it always features several interesting announcements that highlight big trends for the next 12 months, and this year was no exception.
If you think laptops packing solid state drives (SSDs) are fast now, just wait until you see a notebook rocking Samsung's new SM951 MLC flash SSD, introduced during CES. Samsung's latest SSD ditches SATA for the PCIe (M.2) interface, similar to other...
As the Windows 10 release gets closer, excitement around the OS is growing among those waiting to close the curtain on Windows 8.
BlackBerry is taking the same approach with its Internet of Things platform, launched Wednesday at International CES, as it is with its handset business: Aim at its core markets.
The Internet is adding a bit of hop to the art of beer crafting with a new appliance that can not only brew the alcoholic beverage, but also tap online resources and services, and be controlled via a web browser.
A trio of former Google employees are trying to make Android more work-friendly with a tablet that looks a lot like Microsoft's Surface Pro.
Internet connected devices are popping up like wildfire at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week. But while this new technology has the potential to provide enormous benefits for consumers, tech companies should put more effort into pr...
Curved displays may be a fad in TVs, but they could stick around longer in computer monitors.
Carl Pei is only 25 and his one-year-old startup has set out to figuratively kill the other leading smartphones in the market.
The AllJoyn system for connecting and controlling multiple Internet of Things devices can now reach beyond a home or office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's faster-charging 10,000mAh power bank is $27 right now
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTServer EngineerSA
- TPPrincipal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | QlikQLD
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCChange ManagerWA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTUnix EngineerACT
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW