Hardware companies are preparing for the future launch of Microsoft's Windows OS on Arm but have differing views of what kinds of devices the OS will actually go into.
An Intel executive on Friday said that its Light Peak interconnect technology, designed to link PCs to devices like displays and external storage, is ready for implementation.
One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) showed off the next version of its famous laptops on Thursday at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, saying the new price-per laptop has been reduced to US$165 each and power consumption has been slas...
Sprint Nextel will sell a WiMax version of the Research In Motion PlayBook tablet beginning this summer, the companies announced on Thursday at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Samsung hinted that it may make announcements about a phone running a dual-core processor, new tablets including some running Honeycomb and new Windows Phone 7 models at Mobile World Congress in February.
Intel on Thursday defended its Intel Insider feature in the latest Sandy Bridge PC chips, which secures streaming of high-definition movies from online movie services to PCs.
Almost a year to the day since Polaroid said it was signing on Lady Gaga as its creative director, the popular singer unveiled on Thursday the fruits of her labor at the imaging company.
All the world may be agog over the iPad and its Android-powered competitors, but a new class of tablets is emerging that's made of tougher stuff. They're rugged tablets, and they've been spotted both at CES and beyond.
Intel expects the next version of Google's popular mobile software, Android 3.0, or Honeycomb, to be ready for use with its Atom microprocessors.
Verizon Wireless will introduce Cisco's Cius tablet for its fast LTE mobile broadband network in the spring of 2011, and the companies will also offer LTE interfaces for Cisco's second-generation Integrated Services Router for small and medium-size b...
At CES in Las Vegas, Olympus got off to a hot start by announcing two new digital cameras that are among the most interesting we've seen at the show so far. The fixed-lens Olympus XZ-1 is a high-end pocket camera that offers full manual controls and ...
Sony launched a duo of thin laptops at the Consumer Electronics Show on Wednesday that offer a more affordable alternative to Apple's MacBook Air. The new Vaio S and Y portables start at $900 and $550, respectively. And although they cost less than ...
Intel today formally unveiled its line of Sandy Bridge chips at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, taking the wraps off a family of Core processors that includes dozens of new chips, with more to follow later this year.
Gigabyte Technology on Thursday released a series of high-speed motherboards designed to let more applications run at once, without losing speed, and to convert video 10 times faster than normal.
Microsoft said Wednesday that the next version of its Windows PC operating system will run on Arm processors, part of an effort to adapt Windows to the fast-growing market for tablet computers, where Apple and Google have gained traction.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere Message Broker / Java)SA
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- PTRecords and Information Management OfficerNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- FTSenior DBANSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerNSW
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC