The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
China Telecom is moving into the mobile instant messaging space with its own app that will compete against WeChat, the rival product from Internet giant Tencent that's become a hit in China.
China plans to bring gigabit Internet speeds to its major cities by 2020, part of its effort to expand broadband among households in the nation.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is believed to have recently visited China to talk with local carriers, with the topic of conversation expected to have been market growth and the rumoured low-cost iPhone, dubbed iPhone Lite or iPhone 5C.
An 8,900 kilometer undersea fiber cable system in Asia, backed by a consortium including Google, China Telecom, NEC and a host of local telecommunications companies, went live Thursday.
As Apple prepares to launch its iPhone 5 in China, some analysts expect the product to sell well in the country and possibly even top sales for Apple's previous iPhone models in the country.
As China continues trials of its 4G networks using the government-backed LTE TDD technology, mobile operator China Telecom is aiming to go another route and deploy LTE FDD technology for its upcoming 4G networks.
AT&T and China Telecom signed an agreement on Wednesday to share telecommunications infrastructure across the U.S. and China, in a move meant to help their business customers.
China Telecom plans to launch a mobile service in the U.S. geared for Chinese-Americans, students and tourists who frequently travel between both countries, according to a company spokeswoman.
China is on the verge of becoming the first country in the world to have more than 900 million cell phone users, according to government statistics.
China's largest fixed-line phone carrier has denied it hijacked worldwide Internet traffic this past April following a U.S. government report that said the company had redirected network routes through Chinese servers.
HP, Intel and Yahoo have announced that four organisations are to join the existing group already participating in Open Cirrus, the global open-source test bed organised to fuel advancements in cloud computing research.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery ExecutiveACT
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTDashboard Developer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTApplication PackagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTQueue ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW