About two weeks after Google publicly squared off with the Chinese government, the world is still watching for the search company's next step.
The relaunch of the popular online game World of Warcraft in China, where it has already been offline for six weeks, still faces an indefinite delay as it awaits government approval for its content.
China has started restoring some Internet access to a province where it was blocked after deadly ethnic riots two weeks ago, but the outage has already taken a toll on local businesses.
China did a sudden about-face late yesterday and decided to delay its controversial requirement that all computers sold after July 1 must come with Web filtering software.
Microsoft's Bing search engine filters out some sensitive results from searches made in simplified Chinese, the script used to write the language in China, searches revealed Thursday.
An overwhelming majority of Web sites promoted through spam are hosted in China at service providers that many times choose to ignore complaints and allow illegal activity, according to research from the University of Alabama.
McAfee is expanding its staff in China amid a boom in the country's security market fueled by the launch of next-generation mobile networks.
Google engineers have put in place several measures to remove pornography from search results in China, after the government warned the company its filter was too weak.
China may be rising as an offshoring destination, but many companies are outsourcing to multiple countries rather than just choosing between China and India.
A U.S. company that says its code was copied by a Chinese Internet filtering program has ordered more PC makers not to distribute the Chinese software.
Google promised to step up control of "vulgar" online search results in China late Thursday, after a government-backed arbiter warned that its filtering of pornography was too weak.
China has ordered Google to suspend its foreign Web site search service after warning that the company's filtering of pornography was too weak, state media said Friday.
China will submit its wireless LAN security protocol to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for consideration as a global standard, years after its rejection by the standards body incensed Chinese backers.
Internet filtering software that China plans to distribute nationwide blocks content related to a spiritual movement banned in China, despite government claims that the software targets only porn.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerOther
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTFront End Developer (AEM / Java)Other
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- CCCRM/.Net DeveloperACT
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- TP.Net Developer - Australian Government ICT ContractorACT
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTNetwork SpecialistOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- TPProject OfficerQLD