Bowing to pressure from customers and competitors, SAP will provide a series of recently released, next-generation user interface technologies at no extra charge.
SAP's recently announced plans to overhaul its support services have user groups giving the thumbs up, although it may be some time before many customers feel a big difference.
The abrupt departure of SAP technology chief Vishal Sikka has prompted a number of questions about the vendor's strategy, particularly in regard to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and what it could mean for customers.
All the hype around big data last year didn't drive big growth in the worldwide BI (business-intelligence) and analytics market, according to research firm Gartner.
San Diego's US$50 million SAP system has ended up tripling employees' workloads for certain types of tasks, but the city has also failed to devote enough attention to training, according to a consultant's report released earlier this month.
Roughly a year after settling an ugly, protracted legal battle with Oracle, Montclair State University is planning to implement a rival vendor's ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) system.
Oracle has issued a comprehensive list of its software that may or may not be affected by the OpenSSL (secure sockets layer) vulnerability known as Heartbleed, while warning that no fixes are yet available for some likely affected products.
SAP user groups are stepping up pressure on the vendor over the fees charged for its user-friendly Fiori applications, saying they should be included as part of the substantial annual maintenance costs customers already pay, particularly given SAP's ...
Canadian airline WestJet believes gamification, the notion of applying elements of game design to a workplace setting, can help its employees use more effectively its Oracle J.D. Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
It's not uncommon for ERP projects to take longer and cost more money than initially planned, but neither outcome ended up being on the menu for fast-food giant Wendy's recent Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade.
Worldwide IT spending this year will rise 3.2 percent to US$3.8 trillion, driven by rebounding device sales and strong growth in the enterprise software category, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Oracle has overtaken rival IBM as the world's second-largest software vendor by pulling in $US29.6 billion in software revenue during 2013, according to analyst firm Gartner.
It's been nearly four years since SAP got into enterprise mobility with the acquisition of Sybase, but many customers still don't quite understand its mobile product strategy, according to a new survey by the Americas' SAP Users' Group.
The U.S. government's flagship health insurance exchange website, Healthcare.gov, was temporarily shut down Monday, the deadline for people to sign up for health coverage under the new law.
A newly released, independent audit of Oregon's disastrous Obamacare website implementation takes both state officials and site contractor Oracle to task, saying each side contributed to problems that have generated a political firestorm in recent mo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst- HPQC applicationNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCdevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW