The top executives of Apple and Samsung have failed to reach an agreement that would end an ongoing fight over smartphone and tablet patents, lawyers for the two companies said late Friday.
A federal judge has ruled that Rimini Street infringed copyrights on Oracle's PeopleSoft ERP (enterprise resource planning) software in the course of providing third-party support to customers, but decided in favor of Rimini on other points.
Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller is among the witnesses that lawyers for Samsung plan to call when the two companies return to court in California in late March.
A coalition of consumer and privacy groups will ask a U.S. court to reject a settlement that allows Facebook to use minors' pictures in advertisements on the site without their parents' consent.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul has delivered on promises to file a lawsuit challenging the U.S. National Security Agency's authority to engage in mass surveillance.
A U.S. judge has denied Samsung's request for a retrial in a patent dispute with Apple, but she also chastised Apple's lawyers for making the Korean firm's "foreignness" an issue in closing remarks to the jury.
Nokia and HTC have settled their long-running patent infringement battles, which played out in several countries and have seen a handful of HTC phones banned from sale in Europe.
Typo Products, the start-up being sued by BlackBerry over an iPhone keyboard add-on, has come out swinging against a demand that its product be taken off sale in the U.S.
A medical transcription company has agreed to settle a U.S. Federal Trade Commission complaint that its inadequate security measures allowed the personal information, including medical histories and examination notes, of thousands of people to be pub...
The German government and the German Federal Intelligence Service are facing legal action because they allegedly aided the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) data collection program.
Oracle is continuing its legal battle against third-party software support providers it alleges are performing such services in a manner that violates its intellectual property.
The US$930 million in damages Samsung was ordered to pay Apple last year for infringing its smartphone patents is more than some device makers earn in a year, but for Samsung it's equal to just over 16 days' worth of profit.
The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has fast-tracked a complaint alleging that the U.K. government illegally used Internet and telecommunications networks to systematically spy on its citizens, privacy campaigners said Friday.
BlackBerry has asked a California court to block U.S. sales of the Typo keyboard, an add-on keyboard for the iPhone that BlackBerry says is an "obvious knock-off" of the keyboards on its phones.
A federal judge has tossed out part of a lawsuit Oracle filed against third-party support providers Terix and Maintech, in what could set a precedent for similar cases.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Support/HelpdeskVIC
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTApplication PackagerSA
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD