Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud in North Virginia had connectivity issues late Monday, knocking off temporarily a number of websites and services that use Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing infrastructure.
Cloud computing seems simple in concept, and indeed, simplicity of operation, deployment and licensing are its most appealing assets. But when it comes to questions of compliance, once you scratch the surface you'll find more questions than you asked...
Cloud management tools are as varied as cloud uses. For this test, we chose five tools that each attack Cloud management from a different perspective.
A lightening strike in Dublin on Sunday caused a power failure in data centers belonging to Amazon and Microsoft, causing the companies' cloud services to go offline.
It's not budgets, technology issues or strategic worries that are creating roadblocks for Cloud projects in many enterprises. Instead, deep-seated fears of change and requirements for more Cloud education are keeping many enterprises from moving forw...
Amazon Web Services will introduce new capabilities for enterprises on Thursday, including identity federation and support for private network connections to AWS.
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
CumuLogic is releasing a beta version of software that lets enterprises build a private platform-as-a-service cloud for running Java applications.
Amazon Web Services has opened the fifth annual AWS Start-Up Challenge, a contest that aims to recognize innovative uses of its cloud computing platform, the company said on Monday.
Stealthy data center start-up Plexxi has landed another $20 million in funding as it continues development of a network fabric to tie together applications, compute and storage.
CA Technologies is purchasing WatchMouse, a maker of SaaS-based tools for monitoring mobile and on-demand applications, the company announced Friday. Terms were not disclosed.
Novell has decided to shut down its Web-hosted Vibe Cloud enterprise social collaboration suite, which bombed with customers although the market is hot for competing products.
Google has developed a hosted service that analyzes Web pages, rewrites their code to make them perform better and serves them up from Google servers.
The former CTO of NASA and co-founder of OpenStack on Wednesday unveiled a new appliance designed to make it easy for enterprises to build private clouds.
CA Technologies has updated a number of its programs to make their users more ready to run some operations in a cloud environment, the company announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Lenovo's new workstation is indeed 'Tiny' but packs a punch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSenior SharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTDigital Project Manager / Product ManagerOther
- FTSenior DBAOther
- FTSecurity Solutions ManagerWA
- CCTechnical Delivery Lead - BillingVIC
- CCSAP CRM, ABAP, FIORI & UI5 ResourcesVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther